• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tummy gurgling!!!

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Is it normal??

Ive just got in from work and Charlie tummy is gurgling loads - like a human when they are hungry?? :?

He seems fine - has been eating his hay and woofed his pellets down - i have noticed hes been flopped a lot today though.

Anything to worry about?

i'd look this one up somewhere. i'm pretty sure its been mentioned as something to watch out for, but i'm not at all an expert so i wouldn't want to say anything definite!

my vet says that gurgling can be good or bad. good because it shows that something is happening in the guts or bad because it can be a build up of gas which can cause a build up of bacteria and problems. My vet says to give infracol. 1mg per rabbit 2-3 times a day. on the bottle i have it says 40mg per ml so thats 2.5 mils. i would keep an eye and make sure that he is passing poo. does he seem in any discomfort ?

Is it quite a loud gurgling? Quiet tummy sounds are normal and a good thing because it indicates gut movement. However if its quite a loud noise it might be something to keep a close eye on. Does his tum feel ok? A tummy massage might help dissipate any gas that may be forming.
Obviously keep a close eye on his eating and drinking and lusten out for teeth grinding. If he seems uncomfortable get him to the vet.
Vibes for charlie xxxxxxxxxx

thank you for the vibes, charlie seems fine, he is out in the run right now, and hes binkying about and having a whale of a time - he is eating and pooing fine.
He is very gurgley - though I noticed it was REALLY loud last night!

Back