• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training

lizzyjm

Alpha Buck
I know theyve only been here 26 hours but I've spent the whole day picking up poops and mopping up wee. I have to go to work tomorrow - what devastation will I come home to? Will they ever learn where they're meant to go?

I know theyve only been here 26 hours but I've spent the whole day picking up poops and mopping up wee. I have to go to work tomorrow - what devastation will I come home to? Will they ever learn where they're meant to go?

It does get better i promise, have you put the tray where they toilet? it took me a fair few weeks to train gracie and charlie. its all down to patience :) xx

Are they house rabbits? I think you're supposed to confine them until they get used to going in their tray first then give them more space etc Mine are outdoor buns, but I think I read advice somewhere at sometime!! Someone on here will hopefully tell you better that what I've just explained but there is a system that people follow. I just don't know it. :wave:

I found it relentless with gracie at first she pooed and weed everywhere!
i kept on putting the tray where she was weeing and putting the poo in the tray, it was awful she even weed and pooed on my chairs, but she did get the hang of it after about a month or so. xxxxxxx

I've been moving the litter tray but they're still going all over the place! I've got Megazorb covered with meadow hay and then bits of newspaper they've already weed on. I let them out into the pen today and they went all over that too!

I've been moving the litter tray but they're still going all over the place! I've got Megazorb covered with meadow hay and then bits of newspaper they've already weed on. I let them out into the pen today and they went all over that too!

I think grace was like that for about 2 months in total, dont forget they are babies and it does take time, my house and contents were always covered in fleeces because she weed EVERYWHERE!
i just kept on moving the tray around and each time she pooed on the floor or chairs i put the poos in the tray. xx

Maybe you are trying to hard and buns can see this and will defy your efforts to make them use a poo tray....maybe use reverse psychology on them....:lol:

What's the best thing to use to clean it up, to stop the smell that makes them go there again? Tesco anti-bacterial wipes seem to the opposite effect! Maybe they've got amonia in, though it doesn't mention it on the packet.

I think I should get another tray, so they've got one each, that might help.

My bun liked the high back corner tray. He could get in and lean back, munch away. He seemed to do all his business in there from day one. I would hide little treats in it aswell. He seemed pretty happy to eat, sleep and poo in there!

I got the high-backed non-corner one. The corner one looked small in the picture but I think I might get that as my second one.

I got the high-backed non-corner one. The corner one looked small in the picture but I think I might get that as my second one.

Gracie had 3 trays one in the front room and 2 in the kitchen, i used to use a very mild solution of dettol to take away the smell, she actually ruined all of my cushion covers she weed on them so much :?

But it takes time and gets better, they need a tray each. xxx

Mine have already leared to wee in their trays indoors and outdoors but they still poop everywhere. I've been picking the currants up and sticking them in their trays and also sweeping out the kennel twice a day & sweeping/hoovering the lounge. Is there anything more I should do to encourage them to just go in their trays?:D

Mine are the other way around! They still poo everywhere but now mostly in the litter tray. Weeing, however...:(

I wouldn't mind the poops so much as they're far easier to clean up!

Back