• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More of my roadkill obsession....

Candiflare

Mama Doe
On my way back from my parent's house I saw a *dead* baby bun on the other side of the road. My OCD kicked in and I had to turn round and drive back and run over it just to make sure it wasn't still dying and suffering.

But now I feel awful and like I have actually run over a bun. My rational mind is not telling me that it was already dead and my intention was good. I can't win either way :( as if I had not turned round I would have obsessed all night that it was dying slowly and suffering.

You were just being kind and compassionate to check that an animal wasnt suffering - and it was already dead.

Now you have to apply the same principles to yourself. Be kind and compassionate and allow yourself to switch off from this. Hugs.

more of my roadkill obession....

If this makes you feel any better:)i alway,s stop if i see something "dead" in the road:cry:i have to nake sure that it really is deceased and not just injured and suffereing:cry:so you are not alone:)
I couldn't bear to think that an animlal had been left to die a horrible death and no one bothered to try to help it:cry:

I once did that with a squirrel and cried the rest of the way home.

What you did was humane and the kindest thing you could have done. Well done for being selfless and doing that.

Bless you.

That's the thing though with OCD, the continual doubting and obsessing that you were in some way responsible :(

My aunt always does this as well, she has to stop to make sure it is alright and if it is in the middle of the road, or something she will have to move it.

Back