• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't Believe what I have just done :(

Isis

Mama Doe
I moved Wispa from the run he was into his hutch/run and he jumped from my arms and he landed on the hutch. I checked him out and couldn't find anything wrong. But then noticed some blood and I think one of his claws have been half ripped off/hanging off.

I've bought him in for the night and will get him to the vets first thing in the morning.

I am nearly crying because I have hurt him :cry::cry:

Why do they always fling themselves off you when you are trying to move them? I dont understand them sometimes!

Hope Wispa is ok x

Don't worry I'm sure he'll be fine. Bunnies are a wriggly bunch, these things happen! Pipkin jumped out of my arms the other day and landed on his side on the run lid. I was really worried he'd hurt himself but he was fine. Just rather annoyed at me!
If his claw is still bleeding could you put some flour or cornstarch on to stop it a bit? I've caught Pipkin's quick before when trimming his nails and used that. Again, he seemed annoyed at me but fine. I think I felt worse that I'd hurt him :(

He's probably just given himself a bit of a fright, and if you've acted stressed/upset he might have sensed it and felt more frightened?

He obviously hasn't seriously hurt himself or you would know.

It's not bleeding that much and I think it is has stopped. He's eating and is just laying there.

Accidents happen, unfortunately. It wasn;t your fault and you're doing all you can.

If you want any pain relief for him then I don't mind popping round with a dose so you can give him some. Or maybe have it there 'just in case'.

Accidents happen, unfortunately. It wasn;t your fault and you're doing all you can.

If you want any pain relief for him then I don't mind popping round with a dose so you can give him some. Or maybe have it there 'just in case'.

Its way to far for you to come and its getting late, I cannot expect you to that. I think he is okay, he's just quiet, but started to move around a bit. Probably having a look where he is, long time since he has been inside and looks different.

Its way to far for you to come and its getting late, I cannot expect you to that. I think he is okay, he's just quiet, but started to move around a bit. Probably having a look where he is, long time since he has been inside and looks different.

I live between Ipswich and Colchester so I'm not far from you. Won't take me long to get there. I'm more than happy to if you want me to, but I won't force myself on you :lol: I've done crazier things at later times for bunnies and their slaves.

Offer is there but you don't have to take me up on it. :)

Just didn't want you to feel you wanted them but not have a way to get them, that's all.

I live between Ipswich and Colchester so I'm not far from you. Won't take me long to get there. I'm more than happy to if you want me to, but I won't force myself on you :lol: I've done crazier things at later times for bunnies and their slaves.

Offer is there but you don't have to take me up on it. :)

Just didn't want you to feel you wanted them but not have a way to get them, that's all.
I know you are between Ipswich and Colchester, but its still about 15miles :(

He seems so much better, thank you for the offer..
:love:

I'm glad he's doing better :) Hopefully once he got over the initial 'what the hell just happened to me' he will be fine :)

You need to post some pics of his strawberry mouth :D

PS- just for future FYI, 15 miles isn't far. I drove about 150 for some bunnies once.

He just bunny flopped in his bed, think he is going to be fine, but will keep an eye on him.

I tried to get a photo of him all flopped out, but couldn't see much of him. Lighting isn't that good :(

But if you like any time you like to come over and see my bunnies, you're more then welcome :)

You are aware this was clearly all a ploy to get inside and get some extra TLC? :lol:

He sounds pretty comfortable :p

You are aware this was clearly all a ploy to get inside and get some extra TLC? :lol:

He sounds pretty comfortable :p

Probably, I think he knows, if he does something daft like that, he will get extra cuddles and treats. He's done another bunny flop and hit his head... :( :love:

Back