• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want a baby lionhead in clitheroe area

Hi, welcome to RU! :wave:

Can I ask why you want a baby one specially? There are loads of lionheads in rescues desperate for a loving forever home. If you adopt a rescue bun it'll already be neutered and vaccinated, which will save you money, time and stress! :D Two buns are also a lot happier than one (being social animals that would naturally live in large groups) so unless you're planning to bond with one you have already, please do get a pair.

Rescue or a good breeder.

Please do not go to a place like Pets at Home, and especially not the Clitheroe animal auction. Someone thought it would be nice to get me a lionhead cross from the auction as a present. The bun was agressive from the start and had a weak immune system. I'd never had a rabbit as un-tame as him before, I worked with him for ages but ended up rehoming him to a close friend of mine who is used to non-cuddly rabbits.

Please also don't get one from the pet shop across the road from the big supermarket either. I visited the shop recently and was shocked at what I saw:cry::cry:

Please try and find a rescue xx

hi ya

I want a baby so I can bond it with my other 6 numpties:wave:

You might be better with a young adult than a baby to be honest. If you start with an 8 week old baby, you are at some point going to have to seperate them to spay/neuter him or her and you'll be back to square one. If you get one from a rescue her or she will already be neutered so it will cut out several months of aggro.

You might be better with a young adult than a baby to be honest. If you start with an 8 week old baby, you are at some point going to have to seperate them to spay/neuter him or her and you'll be back to square one. If you get one from a rescue her or she will already be neutered so it will cut out several months of aggro.

Snap :thumb:

I personally wait, whilst the numpties are young and will bond, you'll end up with problems when they reach a teenager and more than likely you'll have to seperate them due to their hormones etc (assuming they're babies that is ) :oops:.

Yep, getting a neutered bun would make things much easier. Don't think that they will be easier to bond if the new rabbit is young, because you may end up having to separate them when he reaches sexual maturity.

Back