• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding... Not going well

mich8

Alpha Buck
Ok, I really need some help on this one please.

I have 10 rabbits at the moment. 1 bonded pair of giants. 2 bonded trios and a single female rabbit.
Lilly (the single one) recently lost her partner.
I have tried to bond Lilly with one of the trios. Thought it had all gone ok, but obviously not.
I have tried car rides, keeping them in a small neutral space etc. This all works ok and they all lay together etc.
The problem occurs when i try and move them back outside... It all falls apart as soon as i try and move them.
So... do i bring them all in AGAIN and start the whole process again or do i give up on trying to bond the 4 together....

Any help on this would be great
Thanks

If they have been good when inside together, then the problem is outside. Can you move them into neutral accommodation if you swapped the bunnies around? Or do the vinegar solution over everything so they cant smell old smells?

Can you make the outside space quite small to start with?

Thanks for your replies.
Yes everything was neutral and cleaned before putting them back out. I have bonded quite a few buns before but have never really had many problems.

I will read the thread you gave me...

Well after reading Nursecrofts thread.... I guess i will have to start all over again.
Thanks again for your help

Back