• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Epic moult - anyone else?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I swear Apache has been moulting heavily for about 6 weeks and now Skye has started too, I've never seen so much fluff in my life :shock: I thoroughly cleaned the hosue last weekend and now there are massive drifts of it all round the skirting boards again.

Is anyone else's bun being exceptionally moulty - is it the hot weather??

Pipkin always has rather exceptional moults. He's having one at the moment that's actually smaller than usual but there's still fluff flying everywhere :roll:

Alvin is really bad, im plucking dreads out of his bum area daily and more keeps coming. i dont like the way his fur has lost its shine too so ive re-added a few wagg pellets each day to get him shiney again

I'm glad others are having the same problem (well not glad but you know what I mean). I was starting to think my lot must have mites because they are still moulting.

I was starting to think my lot must have mites because they are still moulting.

I was rummaging through the fur of my black buns last night for the same reason, just like monkeys grooming each other :oops::oops: No mites though but loads of loose hair. There was a pile of fluff behind Artie after I'd been stroking him and I wasn't even trying to pull it out. Esme is by far the worst there's big chunks of the stuff sticking out of her back but she runs away when I start plucking, I've got to do a lot of stroking as well to lull her into a state of calm. She's normally so tidy and shiney.

All 4!! Driving me mad...Im scared theyll ingest and get dicky tums...Then I get covered in fluff.....:roll::roll:
Pluck, pluck, pluck.Give me strength!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Bloo has just about finished his moult which started about a month ago, he just has a teeny tiny skirt around his bum. But I noticed yestreday he has a patch starting on his back where the previous one's started, it looks like hes going to do it all over again :roll:

I find it rather addictive picking the loose fur off though...

Herbie is moulting horrendously. He looks so scruffy, I'm having to pluck him every day. It's been going on for weeks now.

My three Flower Girls are moulting quite a bit too, but not as bad as Herbie.

Sugar is the only one of mine who doesn't seem to be moulting.

i was just out in the garden having a cudde with sebastian and realised he was moulting again :roll: it seems to of happened over night! he's only just finished moulting aswell :roll:

Waffle looks a right state at the moment :lol: she is moulting in big clumps and has really short fur round her bum and it's all scraggy.

Bless her she looks really funny and messy. Radish is moulting but not in clumps like Waffle.

I can brush Radish though but Waffle boxes the brush so I have to follow her plucking bits off her. :lol:

Yep my two are moulting like mad, ive never sneezed so much in my life, im changing blankets and moping twice a day, its horrendous :? xxxxxxxxx

Wahey I'm glad i'm not the only one suffering :lol:

I've been brushing and plucking them twice a day cos I'm worried about them getting all blocked up inside with hair....got some pineapple in too...typically Skye doesn't like it! :roll::lol:

Sora is moulting for England at the moment :roll: she seemed to have just finished off a moul with only some loose hair around her bum when i realised it was starting to come off her upper back again and she was getting a new tide-mark for her next moult :lol: Sora does suffer in the heat with rapid breathing, so I'm not surprised she is trying to shed some more fluff.

Smudgie isn't so bad, he's been moulting on the top of his back for 3 weeks or so but it's not heavy and doesnt seem to be turning into a moult. At least my beige carpets aren't turning TOO black :lol:

Back