• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're on the way! UD post 25

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
My project this summer is to try and condense six lots of outside rabbits into four, but preferably three.

Today it started with The Swarming meeting Lightning :D

So far so good. Shame Lightning hasn't yet lost his hormones. Slowly, slowly, I think, until he does, but they did an hour :D

Not bad for a loner, an unknown quantity (Lightning), a nippy bunny and a very smart girl. I'll so post some pics when I can :D

It looks promising.

We're on the way!

Last edited:
:thumb: Sounds good!

Hope it all works out quickly for you! :D

:lol: I'm aiming for a seven if this works :shock: Next time you come round things may be very different on my bunny horizon.

I also half jokingly told mum I needed the giant at the RSPCA to sit on Wish and control her :lol:

:lol: I'm aiming for a seven if this works :shock: Next time you come round things may be very different on my bunny horizon.

I also half jokingly told mum I needed the giant at the RSPCA to sit on Wish and control her :lol:

:D:D:D:D:D

A seven blimey, that would be sooo cool though, would love to see that! :D

A seven blimey, that would be sooo cool though, would love to see that! :D

Realistically I think that a six is actually possible. The Dopeys, The Swarming and Lightning.

That does, however, leave Autumn and Wish. Not sure what to do with those though. If Autumn could go in with the six that would be lovely, but he's a little hump happy.

OT- You still planning to come on Tuesday?

Realistically I think that a six is actually possible. The Dopeys, The Swarming and Lightning.

That does, however, leave Autumn and Wish. Not sure what to do with those though. If Autumn could go in with the six that would be lovely, but he's a little hump happy.

OT- You still planning to come on Tuesday?

What are you thinking of for Wish, seems as her and Badger didnt quite work out? Are Autumn and Wish a possibility if he doesnt go with the others?

Yep defo still on for Tuesday, matt taking Chloe to nursery so will be there with Pip for 8.30am. (Pips been really good with his hay lately so this may have have a good impact on his spurs)! :)

What are you thinking of for Wish, seems as her and Badger didnt quite work out? Are Autumn and Wish a possibility if he doesnt go with the others?

Yep defo still on for Tuesday, matt taking Chloe to nursery so will be there with Pip for 8.30am. (Pips been really good with his hay lately so this may have have a good impact on his spurs)! :)

Cool cool. I'm going to ask you to just wait outside for a few mins at the start because I'm going to make a complaint to the vet and feel that's not appropriate to do infront of someone else. However, I'll then let you in. Is that ok?

I would like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous punk your rabbit has :lol: I'm going to put some pics of her up in a bit.

The problem with bonding Autumn and Wish is that ther is not anywhere for them to go that is appropriate at the moment, plus they are both dominant rabbits. I'm wondering if Wish could go with Sky, who is submissive, once she is spayed. I only kept her thinking she would need TLC but now she is thriving and will need her vaccs. in due course and also spaying too. But she looks awesome :D

Its a bit of a quandary to be honest with them too.

Tell all please what have you done so far so I know for preparation for my 6.

This is currently only for a 4.

They have lived next door to each other for ages, but they used to need a barrier to stop them qinding each other up. Once Lightning was neutered the barrier came down.

Then today I waited until sleepy time and took them on a car journey (I put the three in the carrier and then bundled Lightning in on top of them all, very unceremoniously). I picked up the carry case straight away and did it up whilst holding it in the air.

After the car journey I put the carry case in a very small space, added a bowl of water and removed the lid. I separated when Lightning got randy because I knew it was hormones not dominance. I'll leave it when its necessary but he was only neutered two and a half weeks ago so I knew I was pushing it.

They looked like this.

What I love is that you can't even tell which one is the imposter.

271.jpg

273.jpg

275.jpg

279.jpg

280.jpg

283.jpg

287.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

Cool cool. I'm going to ask you to just wait outside for a few mins at the start because I'm going to make a complaint to the vet and feel that's not appropriate to do infront of someone else. However, I'll then let you in. Is that ok?

I would like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous punk your rabbit has :lol: I'm going to put some pics of her up in a bit.

The problem with bonding Autumn and Wish is that ther is not anywhere for them to go that is appropriate at the moment, plus they are both dominant rabbits. I'm wondering if Wish could go with Sky, who is submissive, once she is spayed. I only kept her thinking she would need TLC but now she is thriving and will need her vaccs. in due course and also spaying too. But she looks awesome :D

Its a bit of a quandary to be honest with them too.

Thats absolutely fine! Being nosy, but is it to do with the mix up of Badgers medication? Good job you are thorough person someone else may have not even gave it a thought!

Oh no, what does she look like?? :lol::lol::lol:

Wish and Sky would be a lovley couple actually! :love:

Thats absolutely fine! Being nosy, but is it to do with the mix up of Badgers medication? Good job you are thorough person someone else may have not even gave it a thought!

Oh no, what does she look like?? :lol::lol::lol:

Wish and Sky would be a lovley couple actually! :love:

Yes, and the (lack of) Data Protection issue.

I'll post some pics after tea of Fizz :lol:

Looks great so far hun :)

As you know i am going to join you in the epic 6 bonding. My set up is a shed split at the mo which has 3 girls yet to be spayed, not old enough till sept time and other side has a lone boy who was 'done' 6 weeks ago. then I have 2 lones outside the shed too, one girl and one boy both neutered. Not sure where to start. Shall i try the 3 nautered ones although they haven't been that near each other or do i try and bond the shed lot even though the girls are yet to be neutered. Was also worried about bonding 2 groups then trying to bond them all together instead of just doing one BIG bond.

Back