• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the biggest and best indoor cage to get?

Veronica

Mama Doe
As per title.

I'm wanting a huge base of Snowy for when I move into my new house. I've bought another set of those metal panel runs, so I can give him part of a room, but he's a naughty little bunny, so I don't trust him completely freerange. Anything naughty a bunny can do, trust me...he does it! :lol:

Does anyone recommend a good size...quality...priced...place to get, an indoor cage?

Many thanks in advance.

Personally, I would go with a dog crate. You can pick them up fairly cheaply second hand and they are easy to clean and wash.
If he is a small bun you can add ledges to a big one too....ehich will give him mnore to do :wave:

You can get a dog crate but that would have to act as a base and he would have to have access to some decent space 24/7. If you are looking for a "petstore" style cage with the plastic base, you are more than likely to find that they will be wayy too small to use for anything other than a base.

The best (and probably cheapest) way to go would to be to make your own. NIC condos are brilliant - I can't remember their owners name (I think it is Teflonshadow) but Rimmi and Winter's cage is awesome!

I use pen pieces that are 90cm tall to form a 6ft x 3ft cage. I made a base out of corflute (known as correx in the UK) but lino can be used - I basically followed the same idea shown here http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm . I then use smaller grids (like the ones shown in the link) to block off the area under my bed (too many things they can get up to mischief under there). The rest of the room they get to play in.

If it helps any, I can put a picture up.

Good points, thanks guys. He's a tiny nethie, so I think the ideas suggested are perfect for him, and me. Cost effective, yet giving him the biggest space. Perfect :D Thanks!

Back