• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My work Place and a few wildies - Pic overload

I recently closed my business and have gone back to my previous work place, in a plant nursery.
Apart from all the lovely plants, I get to see lots of wildlife too!
I hope you enjoy sharing my days :D

001.jpg

002.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

016.jpg

021.jpg

Spot the deer

022.jpg

Spot the wildie (s) just spotted one lying down to the right

024.jpg

another

025.jpg

A friend joins him/her

026.jpg

Having fun

027.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooooooooooo more pics like these please :love:

I'll do my best Jane.:wave::wave:
The rabbits and deer etc are in the adjoining field and I like to just watch each morning before I start work. The deer is always there, but it has been more difficult to see now the foliage is so thick on the trees. I have seen it quite a few times, but I don't always have my camera with me.
The wildies are adorable and some are really big:shock::shock:
They all seem to be very happy. The owners have done their best to keep them out of the nursery (last year they ate a lot of plants), so everyone is a winner. They get their own fields to play and we keep the plants:D:D

Edit to say: The owners have put wire all around the nursery to keep the buns out, just in case anyone thought it might be something sinister.

Last edited:
wow some brilliant pics there! I love the one of the buzzard soaring over! :D thats an excellent pic hehe weldone :)

wow some brilliant pics there! I love the one of the buzzard soaring over! :D thats an excellent pic hehe weldone :)

Thank You. There are normally 3 of them, but I only had my camera with me on the day there was just the one. They are so beautiful. The photo doesn't do them justice.

We have also seen:
Lots of Gease flying over
Herons
Squirrels
We had a birds nest in some of the plants and saw the 2 baby birds before they all left the nest. Again no camera the day they poked their heads out calling mum for food.
Adders are known to be around the compost heap, but I haven't seen one yet.

We have also had aerial displays by planes practicing for the farnborough Air Show - all sorts of tricks etc
and last week the Red Arrows went over

I love my job.

Thank You. There are normally 3 of them, but I only had my camera with me on the day there was just the one. They are so beautiful. The photo doesn't do them justice.

We have also seen:
Lots of Gease flying over
Herons
Squirrels
We had a birds nest in some of the plants and saw the 2 baby birds before they all left the nest. Again no camera the day they poked their heads out calling mum for food.
Adders are known to be around the compost heap, but I haven't seen one yet.

We have also had aerial displays by planes practicing for the farnborough Air Show - all sorts of tricks etc
and last week the Red Arrows went over

I love my job.

Do they have vacancies :lol:

Unfortunately not Vicki:wave::wave:
I am only temporatry myself and finish at the end of August.

Thankyou anyway, just kidding - looks lovely, I suppose you will still be able to visit aswell. Hopefully they will keep you in reserve - they'd be silly not to considering you like it so much, best of luck x

Thankyou anyway, just kidding - looks lovely, I suppose you will still be able to visit aswell. Hopefully they will keep you in reserve - they'd be silly not to considering you like it so much, best of luck x

Thank you. I am hoping to go back next year, if they'll have me and I don't have a normal job sorted. I would like to find something else to see me through the winter and then go back. It's very tiring, but nice to be out in the open air:D

It is lovely isn't it.
We are wholesale. DO you work in a garden centre. If so, you might sell some of our plants:D:D
Working outdoors is lovely (when the weather is nice)

Nope, I work for the national trust. Maybe we buy some of your plants though! :lol:

I tend to moan whatever the weather is like - too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry - i love it really though!

Nope, I work for the national trust. Maybe we buy some of your plants though! :lol:

I tend to moan whatever the weather is like - too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry - i love it really though!

I bet that is a lovely job too!
I don't like the wind and rain, but this week I made sure I stayed in it as much as possible, because we are walking Hadrian's wall in a weeks time and apparently we WILL get at least one day of bad weather:lol::lol:

Back