• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do females calm down after spay?

mclaugh

Warren Scout
Hi,
Going to say first Lady's getting spayed in two weeks either way, I'm just wondering if her destructivness will calm down after?:roll:

She loves digging and scratching and I know its general rabbit behaviour just being an indoor bun I'm following her around for most of the evening saying "NO":oops:

higher chance of yes,

but will say my 2 girls still assert there dominance corners and still try to burrow from time to time, so may still happen just less frequent :D

Generally yes :lol: But they will still probablt retain the whole 'whatever I shouldn't do is the funnest thing' attitude.

I say yes in general....although it hasnt stopped Lilly n Tilly making burrows in my sofa:shock:. to say they have wrecked it is an understatment...oh and the wallpaper is another thing:roll::lol:

It depends on the rabbit, but in my experience, yes.

Poppy was a bundle of rage before her spay and I still have scars where she pulled chunks out of me. The day after her spay she had become really docile and gentle - I was so relieved!

Generally yes :lol: But they will still probablt retain the whole 'whatever I shouldn't do is the funnest thing' attitude.

:lol: My two would agree with that.

I think that Smokey seems a lot happier since she was spayed. She was about a year old and is now nearly 6. She has really calmed down (before she was spayed, she dug up everything and was very territorial) and is usually really friendly.

She still has the occasional urge to dig but doesn't build burrows like she used to!

tabitha hasn't bitten me since her spay - but she didn't bite me for about a year before either (she was done at 2 1/2 because i kept putting it off). she has recently started nipping, though.

Back