• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Funny noises?

kerryj84

New Kit
Hello

I am new to this site but I need a little advise please.

My rabbit 'Pepper' made some strange noises at me a few hours ago. The noises sounded like she had asthma and I am a little confused as to what it means. Does it mean she is in pain or that she is mad as I really dont know and she has never done it before? :wave:

Can you describe the noise a bit more, and what was happening when she made the noise?

And how was she acting? What position was she in? How old is she? How long have you had her?

Sorry for all the questions- helps to get a background. :)

my bunnies 'fnuff' when i pick them up, its a heavy breathing sound. they stop when they realise their shoulders are being rubbed.
that might not be relevant to your case but its all i know!

Before I got Frank neutered, he'd often sit a couple of feet away from me, looking adoringly at me down to batting his eyelashes and start making a funny rasping noise. I thought he had a chest infection at first! It sounded a bit like someone playing a very quiet kazoo. :lol: I took it as a sign of affection in retrospect.

Back