• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another miracle thanks to my vet!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may recall my asking what I should do about Thistle - the maloccluded nethie with no lungs to speak of and fast growing incisors.

Well we had decided not to operate as it was too high a risk (at least 7 year old and with a lifetime of pasturella) BUT last couple of weeks she seems to be having real problems and we were worried it was her molar teeth roots starting up as well.

So vet suggested we try sedation and x-ray and thorough examination and then she said 'and if sedation is going well can I carry on and try and take incisor teeth out:shock::shock::shock:.

Last time they sedated her they had to bring her round - and she turns blue if you look at her!

But as by that stage Thistle was having to be trimmed weekly and was uncomfortable even then we all agreed to go for it - so we did a week if intense meds first . .

and she did it!!!!!

and 24 hours later Thistle is tucking into a huge pile of soaked pellets and looking very happy!!! (if a little gummy!!).

I shall add that success to Willow's gut blockage operation, Parsleys leg plate removal, Sage's deformed genitalie 'plastic surgery' :shock::shock:, and Damson's kidney removal . . . my vet is really a miracle worker!!!

Excellent news :) glad your vet is so bunny savvy. I get more trust in my vets with everything they sort out successfully.

Ambience x

Wow, congratulations! I must move to Cambridge! :lol::lol:

I must ask though....no lungs??

Due to scarring caused by history of Respiratory infections she apparently has about very little functioning lungs - the rest is just not working - its just a mass of old scarred tissue.

But she still manages to dash around when we put her on the lawn - she squeeks like a guinea pig all the time though.

Due to scarring caused by history of Respiratory infections she apparently has about very little functioning lungs - the rest is just not working - its just a mass of old scarred tissue.

But she still manages to dash around when we put her on the lawn - she squeeks like a guinea pig all the time though.

Oh bless her :love: I always think of rabbits as being so delicate but sometimes they prove me wrong!

Back