• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attaching and protecting lino

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
How do you attach lino to a hutch? and what do you protect the edges with? I want it to go part way up the wall aswell :)

I have noo idea where to start at all, or even how big a peice I'd need!!

You could always try lino tape from B&Q's I used it to lay lino in the house and it hasn't moved yet:). If you go far enough up the side, higher than you're bun can stand on back legs then you shouldn't need to protect the top edge. Good luck. Hope this has helped:)

I used self adhesive tiles for my hutch which seem to have worked fine though I've seen other people say there's were torn up by bunnies or came off in the bad weather. I used poundland ones and have had them on there over the very bad weather.

For my shed I chose sheet lino and just put it under the walls of the shed before I attached them so the walls hold the lino on. I think that's the best way to do it if possible because there are no edges for the rabbits to get to.

Ive already set the hutch up and i doubt my dad will be happy to take it apart again haha! what is lino tape? I guess like masking tape?

I bought some everflex bath and kitchen sealant from the pound store. It is waterproof and mould resistant, and i'm going to try it with lino or like kat said get some of those ones they have at the pound store. This stuff was from pound store too :)

Ambience x

ooh is that bunny safe? will it stop weegoing under neath then? I have my heart set on some lino, it as a grass print on :oops:

I just used lots of double sided sticky tape. To protect the edges you can use those metal strips that hold down carpets by screwing them in on top of the edges. They are cheap in wilkinsons

I was the silly buggar who didnt hold the lino down....its now in about 38624726 bits where fiver munched his way through it!

I may have to pinch your idea's about the carpet grips and that grass table cloth :O haha

Back