• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really worried about Noel :-(

lja401

Warren Scout
I am so worried about my rabbit Noel. I posted last week about him having blood tests for EC. We get the results Monday evening.

He seems to be a lot better yesterday and then just now he pooed on the carpet and his ears are really hot. He had an anti biotic injection Monday which the vet said will last a week. I also noticed a runny poo in their litter tray. He has been kicking out his back legs too. He's just so lovely and I'm so worried about him :(

Poor Noel, hope you manage to get an answer from his tests but beware of false positives, my Pye's came back positive but its not what's making him ill.

Hope he feels better soon, sending lots of vibes

I agree that many bunnies carry EC but not all are affected by it. Generally EC only causes a problem if their immune system is struggling and then the EC can take over.

I hope that they can find out what is wrong with him to enable them to make him better.

Oh I am sorry to hear Noel is still not himself. I don't know enough to be able to advise you - do you think you should phone vet to put your mind at rest? Personally I would if it was my Smartie but I think am being hyper sensitive with her after losing Rolo bunny this month. Lots of hugs Noel bunny ! Rooting for you xx

Thanks all. I've just been to see him again and his ears feel a little cooler now :D He is also eating and drinking ok so that is good. I just really don't want him to have EC :(:cry: If he does what can I do for him to help him? xx

Thanks all. I've just been to see him again and his ears feel a little cooler now :D He is also eating and drinking ok so that is good. I just really don't want him to have EC :(:cry: If he does what can I do for him to help him? xx

I guess that depends if it is genuine EC or if it is that he carries EC and is misdiagnosed, to be honest.

Took Noel to the vets and he got a negative EC blood test result :):) I was really chuffed but the vet said it can come back as a false negative so we have got to see how Noel is in a few days when the anti biotics wear off. He seems back to his normal self now though so I am pleased.

Thanks for all your support xx

Back