• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elwood

Wait, what?

Oh Liz.

I don't know what to say, I'm absolutely stunned.

I was just looking at the thread in the picture forum of his box of goodies.

I'm so devastated for you all.

I am so sorry Liz. We were just looking at the thread with his goodies as well.

Thinking of you and Steve x

:shock:

What on earth happened ?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so sorry

:cry: :cry: :cry:

When I took his parcel to him this morning he was sleeping in his litter tray, which he never does. He was really responsive to us and loved his crunchies, but once we moved away he was backwards and forwards between litter trays. His eyes were rolling and he was swaying, he hasn't been like this for ages. I felt his bladder and was concerned it was too full so got Steve to take him up to the vets for a quick check up as it is the weekend ( thought I was being paranoid).

His willy had healed completely over during the night and his bladder couldn't empty. he had an ultra sound to check.

They said we had caught it really, really quickly and he was in no pain, but we couldn't leave him :cry:

I really thought I was making a fuss about nothing and am so shocked, but also really pleased that he was still happy and bright and never had time to feel any pain or discomfort, as that has been my biggest worry.

If it wasn't for Timmy I would have missed the signs. He was PTS because his bladder couldn;t empty for different reasons and he was in much more pain and discomfort before I realised. So once again I am so grateful to Timmy as even now he has stopped another bunny suffering.

I don't know what I am going to do without my baby, I really don't. I hope eddie is going to be Ok too :cry:

When I took his parcel to him this morning he was sleeping in his litter tray, which he never does. He was really responsive to us and loved his crunchies, but once we moved away he was backwards and forwards between litter trays. His eyes were rolling and he was swaying, he hasn't been like this for ages. I felt his bladder and was concerned it was too full so got Steve to take him up to the vets for a quick check up as it is the weekend ( thought I was being paranoid).

His willy had healed completely over during the night and his bladder couldn't empty. he had an ultra sound to check.

They said we had caught it really, really quickly and he was in no pain, but we couldn't leave him :cry:

I really thought I was making a fuss about nothing and am so shocked, but also really pleased that he was still happy and bright and never had time to feel any pain or discomfort, as that has been my biggest worry.

If it wasn't for Timmy I would have missed the signs. He was PTS because his bladder couldn;t empty for different reasons and he was in much more pain and discomfort before I realised. So once again I am so grateful to Timmy as even now he has stopped another bunny suffering.

I don't know what I am going to do without my baby, I really don't. I hope eddie is going to be Ok too :cry:

I'm so, so sorry. I truly am.

You trusted your gut and got him checked, and that was absolutely the right thing to do, as you now know.

He was happy right to the end. In that respect, he was so, so lucky.

Binky Free Elwood. Binky Truly Free.

oh no Liz I'm so sorry :( it's just not fair :( atleast he wasn't suffering and you caught it quickly :( i'm thinking of you and steve and the rest of your bunnys :cry:

I'm so sorry Liz :cry::cry:

Your previous thread about his medical condition suggested it could happen this quickly but .... it still comes as a shock. He had a happy life right to the end, but that won't ease your pain right now.:cry::cry:

He looks really good in the 'parcel thread', he was a credit to your care.

I am so sorry that more could not be done to help Elwood but as you say he went to the Bridge without pain or discomfort and having had some nice treats this morning.

So sorry, I dont know what else to say. Just that we are thinking of you and Steve. x

Oh no :cry:

At least it was caught before he was in pain, and I'm in no doubt he had the best possible life with you. Thinking of you all x

Oh Liz, I don't know what to say.
Small comfort though it may be....at least he was happy till the end.
Binky free sweetheart-youll be missed by so many people.
xxx

Oh Liz I'm so so sorry. Sending you, Steve and Eddie virtual hugs. As others say, its only a small comfort but it sounds like he had a super last day with his crunchies... and he couldn't have had a better mummy x

Back