• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fly control

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I was wondering if anyone uses anything to limit the amount of flies in your house or around outdoor bunny hutches...every time one gets in the house at the moment I'm convinced it'll go straight for the buns and lay eggs on them, even though I keep them really clean!

At my old house there was a sunflower shaped sticker on the window which somehow killed flies, reluctant to use it again though as I don't know how it works :?

anyway thought people could share suggestions here....

I don't use anything, but I do leave all the spiders I find in my room. They've started building a big web around the dog crate so pretty soon Charlie'll be enclosed in a great spider web himself :lol:

I've got citronella oil outside hutches together with fly repellent plants, lavendar mint and lemon balm. Indoors I got some window fly screens from ebay which work really well.

Although I'm against animal cruelty I think I'm going to buy a zappy thing. I have fly paper all around the hutch (out of bunny reach) but to no avail. I have a venus fly trap in the house which hasn't caught a thing! And I worry too much.

I've got citronella oil outside hutches together with fly repellent plants, lavendar mint and lemon balm. Indoors I got some window fly screens from ebay which work really well.

What do you do with the oil - do you sort of paint it on the hutches, or leave a little dish of it out...? I saw some today but didn't get it at the time because I wasn't sure what I'd do with it :oops:

For plants there is Nicandra as well which is known as "shoo-fly", I'm waiting till the ones at work seed so I can collect some of it!

What do you do with the oil - do you sort of paint it on the hutches, or leave a little dish of it out...? I saw some today but didn't get it at the time because I wasn't sure what I'd do with it :oops:

For plants there is Nicandra as well which is known as "shoo-fly", I'm waiting till the ones at work seed so I can collect some of it!

I put a bit on cotton wool in a muslin cloth and then hang it around the playhouse and hutch.

Back