• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hey my lovelies, I have a new rabbit!

Zara

Mama Doe
I'm still grieving for Firefly, but I stumbled upon this lovely boy quite by accident. He's a sixteen week old rabbit that had been handed into the adoption center as part of an unwanted litter :censored: But I fell in love with him! so home he came.

He's settled in amazingly well, he was cuddling up to me and demanding more ear massages within an hour, started chinning everything in the kitchen and even met Batbunny, and guess what? They got on great, Batbunny even let the new boy hump him, and then they both groomed each other :love: It's going better then I could of ever imagined! Of course I'm keeping them seperate since he needs his plums chopped in a few months and I know how aggressive male rabbits can become before they're snipped, and he's getting his injections when Batbunny goes in for his boosters next week.

He's is so gorgeous! I'll get photos later, but he's currently fast asleep in his indoor cage, he's had a long day

for now, here's a video showing his first meeting with Batbunny (warning, lots of humping!) Watch the ending, he falls off! xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-2jYPaflE

Now all he needs is a name, any ideas?

Ummm...is Batbunny spayed/neutered? A 16 week old male is fertile and what you describe is a proper full on mating act! If Batbunny is a female and isn't spayed please get her booked in for an emergency spay to take place early next week before any babies have developed.

If Batbunny is a boy, please don't let them anywhere near each other until new boy has been neutered, it's a recipe for disaster. At 16 weeks he should be ready for neutering now.

Sorry, all sounds very confusing I know, but it's really not worth the risk with unneutered males, it can turn very quickly and they can castrate each other :shock:

Last edited:
I know, which is now they're both seperate, they're both males, Batbunny is snipped, and he's always been more fond of males then females. I wanted to give them a quick introduction before getting the new rabbits plums sliced off, they wern't together long but it was enough for me to figure out they'd make a good gay couple after the newbie gets his snip.

I know they can castrate each other, that's why I moved the rabbit away when he tried to face-hump, and I know the newbie will become aggressive with Bats if not snipped, but I thought a small introduction (despite the humping :shock:) would be ok, I'll be extra careful in future

Awww... looks promising if one is not neutered yet.. hopefully they will bond really easily once the little one is "done" :lol:

Well for an unsnipped bunny he's behaving wonderfully! I've never known a young rabbit this friendly :shock: He's even already using the litter tray! I know rabbits are easy to train but I expected a bit of work, Batbunny STILL won't use the tray in his hutch properly :roll:

I can't believe somebody abandoned this little mite :love: He loves his indoor cage, he has a nice hidey-hole area in it incase he gets nervous, and I'm going to show him the rest of the house today.

Then me and Sean are going to figure out the date for his plum-snip, and book him in for his vaccinations. There was no record of him having his vaccinations with his former owners, so best to be safe then sorry.

For names I'm leaning towards Jack or Rebel, but I'm going to see how his personality develops =D

Well for an unsnipped bunny he's behaving wonderfully! I've never known a young rabbit this friendly :shock: He's even already using the litter tray! I know rabbits are easy to train but I expected a bit of work, Batbunny STILL won't use the tray in his hutch properly :roll:

I can't believe somebody abandoned this little mite :love: He loves his indoor cage, he has a nice hidey-hole area in it incase he gets nervous, and I'm going to show him the rest of the house today.

Then me and Sean are going to figure out the date for his plum-snip, and book him in for his vaccinations. There was no record of him having his vaccinations with his former owners, so best to be safe then sorry.

For names I'm leaning towards Jack or Rebel, but I'm going to see how his personality develops =D

I like Rebel! :)

It's looking like he will be Rebel, the bf isn't so sure though. Will have pictures of the little munchkin very soon ;) he's just eating his hay right now and is listening to the rain from outside.

Back