• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Handsome Eddie

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
003-15.jpg

My lovely Handsome Eddie has found a way of propping himself up. He even cleans his bits from this position.
016-16.jpg

017-18-1.jpg

I have no idea how he gets into it, but I keep finding him like that! :lol::lol:

012-14.jpg

001-16.jpg

You can see that his legs aren't right, even when he's flopped like this. They're just not in the right angle.

He's a happy boy though.
004-15.jpg

ETA: he's in that cage as I've been told to limit his movement. I put him in a 100cm cage (as opposed to my 120cm ones) as everything is in easy reach, and he doesn't scrabble as much as he does in the larger one. He's out a lot of the time as he likes to sleep on my rug (and I find it easier to look out for his bladder movements and swoop on him before he lies in it.) For those who don't know, Eddie is paralysed in his back legs. I wouldn't suggest putting ANY rabbit in a cage this size.

Last edited:
Aww :love: What a smarty pants getting himself in that position! And getting you to follow him around and mop up his pee!

Aww :love: What a smarty pants getting himself in that position! And getting you to follow him around and mop up his pee!

I've stepped in it more than once. ...but he's far happier on the floor, so I let him...and run around after him :roll: At least it's a wooden floor. :shock: Carpet would not be fun!

Awwww he is lovely :love:

Was he born paralysed or has he been ill? (sorry if this has already been explained previously) :oops:

Awwww he is lovely :love:

Was he born paralysed or has he been ill? (sorry if this has already been explained previously) :oops:

On his journey to me he mucked up his back. It's completely new (a week), so he's having to adjust. I haven't seen him hopping yet :(....but I hope to! :love:

Aww he is stunning, what a gorgeous bunny:love::love:
I'm glad to see he is doing ok, he certainly looks content in his new home:)

Awwww! :love: He does look happy and its great to see he can get himself into a sitting position!!! I hope he recovers! :love: :love:

Poor boy, how on earth did he manage that? :shock:

He was in his indoor cage for the journey (with no bedding) instead of his carrier, so I think he'll have slipped about a bit.

I can't help but think that he'd have been ok if he'd been given a towel to lie on for the journey. :roll:

Oh well....we're here now, and we're coping well. (I worry about his urine scald, but hopefully it won't ever get to the blister stage.)

Giants have such weak backs.

He was in his indoor cage for the journey (with no bedding) instead of his carrier, so I think he'll have slipped about a bit.

I can't help but think that he'd have been ok if he'd been given a towel to lie on for the journey. :roll:

Oh well....we're here now, and we're coping well. (I worry about his urine scald, but hopefully it won't ever get to the blister stage.)

Giants have such weak backs.

Well, he is gorgeous and I hope he can regain the use of his legs very soon :D

Oh bless him Ali - poor fella :cry: He is so handsome :love: I really hope with time & your care he can regain the use of his legs xxx

Back