• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Recommend a Vet in Halifax/ Snuffly bun!

LucyB

Warren Scout
Hi,

Can anyone reccomend a good Bun friendly vet in or near Halifax?

I'm getting Russell tomorrow from the RSPCA and I've been pre-warned he's snuffly (too late though, I've already fallen in love with him and can't face the thought of what will happen if I don't have him!) I know they have tried him on Baytril to little effect but I've read on here that there are more effective treatments anyway...

I just want to get him registered somewhere and a second opinion ASAP!

(Also thinking of trying herbal options if anyone can recommend any?)

Ta guys!

Last edited:
I don't know, sorry. However, if you edit your thread and put Halifax in the title you might get more replies :)

Great site, thanks! Harrogate is a bit far though really (at least an hours drive!) and there isn't any info about any Halifax based ones! Typical :?

Great site, thanks! Harrogate is a bit far though really (at least an hours drive!) and there isn't any info about any Halifax based ones! Typical :?

She's one of the best in the country, so save the link in case you get anything complex or complicated come up because she could literally be a life saver.

Back