• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free Ads

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I am sure this is true of many people here but has anyone just had an overwhelming urge to just go and get the bunnies advertised in these things?

I know it is best to rescue but i always think that in a way that is rescue. Buns in rescues will generally always go to good homes due to homechecks etc... but these buns could go anywhere!!

I have a full house at the minute, but I may need to think about a companion for Angel fairly soon (trio is NOT happenning)... and I just can't bear the thought of where these bunnies may end up!

I would pbviously prefer to rescue, and have a rescue bunny (Angel) but I'm in a bit of turmoil when it comes to freeads!

Is that bad??

It isn't bad but you don't know what you are getting, buns are often mis sexed on free ads and can be ill or have major problems, plus you have no one to fall back on if a bond doesn't work etc

However if you have enough money there is nothing to stop you taking on a feee ad bun, neutering/vaccinating and finding him/her a new home yourself :wave:

Is that bad??

No you are still rescuing as such, offering a good home to a bunny that can no longer be looked after for whatever reasons.

The only problem I forsee is you don't know what condition these bunnies are in. If you turn up and it looks seriously unwell could you walk away, no, but could you afford potentially huge vet bills and any risk of infecting your existing buns either?

Back