• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with rex buns....

KTJ

Alpha Buck
Do your rex bun/buns wag their tails when they're excited?!
Amber (a private rescue who I have had since last weekend) gets really excited when I let her run round the house, and her tail is quite long, so when she runs, her tail literally wags like a happy dog's would!
I wish I could get a video of it, none of my other buns have ever done it, so I'm assuming it must be the breed? .... Or Amber is just strange :love::lol:

My first thought was that it was anger, and she was going to be aggressive, but she's really not like that. The only thing I have noticed is that she grunts when I refill her food bowl and give her hay... she starts grunting and snatches it off me and pushes me out of her hutch :(

I have a good few bunnies that wag/wiggle their tails with excitement- none of them are rex.I think its a way to communicate and some rabbits use it, others don't, same as some get jumping hips when eating something delicious and others don't.

Maybe you can see the rex tail more because the fur is shorter?

Back