• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any accommodation ideas really helpful - urgent!

Candiflare

Mama Doe
So my three are now bonded, but Ralph and Ruby's 6ft double is no longer big enough to accomodate all three. I *assumed* that my OH would be okay with all three having the run of the shed with R+R's double as a sleeping area (as the bunnies have taken over the shed anyway), but it turns out he isn't :censored: He says he doesn't want the rabbits taking over "his shed."

I emailed our landlady to ask if she'd mind if I put up another shed for the buns so that my OH had his shed and I had mine, but she said no.

So I'm now left with a dilemma about where to keep them. There is the possibility of getting an *even bigger hutch* but I don't think it would fit in the shed.

Their 7ftx4ft run also takes up half of the garden, and my OH has refused to allow me to add a hutch to that either because he doesn't want it to take up anymore room.

Has anyone got any ideas? There is a patio space which is on a slant and doesn't get any sun which is about 6ftx6ft.

Is there anything I could add to their 6ft double to make it bigger?

erm, ditch the other half for spitting his dummy out and acting like a toddler?

Sorry, no productive answers!

mmmm...difficult - could you post some pics of your garden so we can see the whole set up and space around or available?

Might make it easier....

As for Oh - I know this feeling - all the suggestions are knocked down but no solutions offered!:roll:
Could you ask OH what he thinks is the best solution or ideas? - as youre not sure & maybe he would have better ideas?:roll::)
Sometimes works this way round when they think they though of it!

OR do it this way...
Thing is they need more space - so if my suggestions are not approved - then there has to be some kind of compromise as they need the room.....so it has to be either this or that - unless OH suggests something else.:?

send pics - maybe we can help....;)

Pics would really help...but how much space does OH need in the shed? Could you compromise and share it somehow? Or, do you think your landlord would consider an attractive removable Wendy house? You could attach that to the other end of their run or ditch the whole thing and get a dog kennel.

what about getting a couple of those big outdoor storage boxes/chests, to store some of the excess stuff in the shed, so there is more room for the buns?

Instead of getting another hutch could you add space either under or on top of your hutch so that is a triple level. Take the roof off add a floor and some walls then put the original roof back on? (might do that myself actually hmmm OH will not be happy but it cant be that hard surely hmmm :lol:)

Could you find a way to join the run to the shed, and then work it so where it joins the hutch is and join that too? (I can picture this in my head even if it doesn't sound very realistic), so they could then have permanent access into the run?

Could you put a catflap through to Buzz's hutch and have two setups which link into one. Some people have used tunnels to link them as well. I'd ditch the other half also I bet he always gets what he wants. :roll:

Loads of brilliant ideas, thank you...

Cat flap through to buzz's present hutch is great idea as that is 6ft. or maybe it's possible to put it on top and then get your brother to make a ramp up to it Emma?

Does my landlady need planning permission for a Wendy House? She told me that all sheds have to have a concrete base otherwise they rot. What happens to Wendy Houses?

Loads of brilliant ideas, thank you...

Cat flap through to buzz's present hutch is great idea as that is 6ft. or maybe it's possible to put it on top and then get your brother to make a ramp up to it Emma?

Does my landlady need planning permission for a Wendy House? She told me that all sheds have to have a concrete base otherwise they rot. What happens to Wendy Houses?

You could get some paving slabs to go underneath the wendy house - I was thinking of adding a run to my storage wendy house and I was going to put paving slabs down, they weren't very expensive either. I didn't think she would need planning permission. If you go down the ramp route just send my brother a text and he sort it out.

The only problem is my landlady thinks that she'll have to do lots of paperwork for another building in the garden and she won't want paving slabs down on the grass. I think I'm going to have to find a way of connecting the present two hutches.

I'm so pleased though because it means the buns can finally go out in the 7x4ft run together all day rather than having to fuss with two separate runs!

Could you put a wendy house on the patio area?

I saw someone on here had put a run *under* their wendy house - this is a great way to save space!

P.S. Glad they are bonded :) xxx

Back