• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

had an email today............

I like the look of this one http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/53359

Does anyone have one? Is it big enough for two rabbits?

I'd say no. The "run" is 6.5 feet x just over 3 feet which purely at a guess from looking at the pics makes the "hutch" part 3 feet by 2.5 feet. The RSPCA minimum floor size is 36 sqft (6x2 hutch 6x4 run), this set up is 19.5 sqft for the run and 7.5sqft for the hutch making a total of 27 sqft.

Even if you assume the "hutch" is 3ft x 3ft that still is only 28.5 sqft :wave:

My run is 6ft x 4ft, but the hutch itself is only 4ft. I've never bothered to get a bigger hutch as Bramble only uses it for his litter tray! He never sleeps upstairs, much prefers to be in his run. Would this size set up be suitable for two rabbits if I got Bramble a friend?

I like the look of this one http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/53359

Does anyone have one? Is it big enough for two rabbits?

I had one of these ages ago. I'd had it for three days, put my Mulberry bunny in there and stood it on paving slabs and spent ages putting bolts etc on.... a fox or loose dog or something ripped the entire wire panel out the end and killed Mulberry. :cry: I will not buy anything with this kind of wire now as IMO it's useless and unsafe.

The RSPCA size guidelines for a pair of buns is a 6X2 hutch with a 6X4 run so if you just upgraded your hutch to a slightly larger one, you'd have enough space for two bunnies. :):wave:

ETA - just realised you have a two tier hutch - I guess a 4X2 double has more floor space than a 6X2 single so you might be ok with the set up you have. If you're looking into getting a rescue bunny, ask them what their requirements are. :)

Last edited:
Back