• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had another Holly Panic last night

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i dont know why i cant stop worrying :cry::cry::cry:

im so scared by trying not to be para ill miss something and just like Pearl Holly's life will be drastically reduced :cry::cry::cry: why cant i accept my new bunny is young and perfectly healthy :oops::oops:

theres a small patch on her face that looks like its wet, where the whiskers come out of her cheek area. so last night i decided to investigate. so i got her in my arms couldnt see and hold her so i tranced her and as i tried to look i swear it was a hole :cry::cry::cry:

in a panic to my mom on the phone to come help me see what it is because i just cant hold a bunny and check body parts too :oops::oops:

10pm pouring with rain my mom dutifully came over. she had a good look and feel and she thinks its just matted fur where Holly dips her head in the water to drink (just like the lump that didnt exist in her dewlap) :oops::oops: so then my mom held her and i had a good feel, she didnt even flinch and i have to agree its just matted dried fur, no lumps no hole :oops:

shes such a hussy too, even after being man handled and washing us off her of course she was at my mom for fuss :love::love: Alvin was hiding in the other room :roll:

ive been paranoid ive not seen her lie down for weeks yet after my mom had gone she was lay full stretched out. drinking has decreased massively since the weather cooled, shes eating hay like theres no tomorrow and gobbles pellets and veg. she has lost weight but Alvin has also lost about 200g too since i last weighed them, so a perfectly healthy bun why am i waiting for illness to strike, its almost like i want her to be ill just so i can be right :?

i hate being home alone, my brain never settles !!

Aw, I feel for you!

Every morning my stomach's churning until I've been out to the boys and seen that they're all eating their breakfast.

You've had a bad experience, you're bound to be more wary. But we need to relax more so we can enjoy our buns! :wave:

Ah hun you're not wanting her to be ill, you're just being a paranoid bunny mummy :) It's fair enough after everything you've been through, just make sure you stop and enjoy the two of them every so often x

i just dont want to miss something and end up with another terminal bun, so im creating illness

Lou did tell me im watching them too much and a vet has said the same but i cant help it. im obsessed with them but so scared of how delicate they are.

even telling myself pearl survived 2 months on the wrong treatment in heart failure so they aint that delicate dont seem to calm my stupid brain :roll::roll:

I can sympathise, I'm just as bad.

I'm contemplating on taking on number 6 - I must be balmy as I stress over them so much. Elijah escaping his pen twice during the night didn't help.:roll:

Tinky was the focus of my attention for the past few days. I've just emptied a litter tray full of huge boulders so I'm over the para - for now. She's been refusing Fenugreek Crunchies, it doesn't get more worrying than that. I even went into panic mode on Monday night as it was the Great Yorkshire Show the following three days (in Harrogate where the vet is) so I was imagining being stuck in traffic with a sick bunny. I watched Tink and Ru grooming each other last night and you just can't beat it for making your heart skip, it would be good to just enjoy them and not worry so much though :?

maybe one day we will relax huh :wave::wave::wave:

doesnt help that the receptionist at the vets has an elderly bunny thats never had illness and i dont beleive ill ever be lucky enough to have that joy :oops:

maybe one day we will relax huh :wave::wave::wave:

doesnt help that the receptionist at the vets has an elderly bunny thats never had illness and i dont beleive ill ever be lucky enough to have that joy :oops:

I think I was fairly relaxed until I lost two of them 9 weeks apart, then an eight month old only a year later - I don't think I will ever totally relax again, sadly. It's a long way off anyway.

The daft thing is before "I knew about bunnies" in the way I do now, I had a dental bunny and when she started refusing food it could be a few days before she had a dental, but we got by. That is of cause if before I understood how their digestive systems work. She didn't even have metacam to get through those 'waiting' days:cry:. I'm glad I know more but it ain't 'arf stressful.:roll:

I'd still have them though. All the stress is worth it :love::love:

M<y brain gets all knotted up when I worry and I swear I start imagining things, when they are flopped out relaxing I am convinced they have gas.. so i go and rub their tummys, they let me, looking at me likee: "What on earth are you doing?" I stop and they nudge me as if to say: "No I didn't say stop!":oops::lol:

:roll::roll::roll: its still niggling... shes had two thorough health checks as well as a good check over by lou in the rescue in the last 3 months yet i think shes sitting wrong :roll::roll::roll:

i know its cus im due to go and leave them, anyone got spare valium???

she dont look poorly does she :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Untitled-11.jpg

oh and ALVIN AT THE WATER wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :love::love::love:

she dont look poorly does she :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Untitled-11.jpg

oh and ALVIN AT THE WATER wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :love::love::love:

She looks very relaxed to me!! I worry too! The buns are always on my mind - even moreso than the dog and piggies. I'm hoping that in time I'll relax but prob not - I think it's something to do with my nature and feelings for animals - maybe you're the same. I'm trying to relax and enjoy them and not imagine problems before they even happen -cause they probably never will, but just being vigilent at the same time.

Back