• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Jimby not well

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Yesterday he did seem a little lethargic but I just put it down to the weater as he was eating and pooping as normal.
This morning he seems very down, will not eat much at all, left his breakfast and has only had 2 small dandelion roots, 1 fenugreek crunchie and a few leaves. He will not take any more from me now.
I have called the vets and am taking him in this afternoon at 2.20pm. :cry:

Oh no!!

Poor Jimby, sounds like a bit of a tummy ache to me.... can you get close enough to hear if his tummy is making noises? How much has he pooed?

How savvy is your vet? If you are a bit worried, I would look up the 'normal' treatment for stasis on here and write it down to take with you.....

I know most vets give a gut stimulant, but I never recall the name..... :shock:

Get well Jimby !! :love::love:

Aw lots of vibes for Jimby I hope the vet finds out what keeps giving him these episodes...

Could it be his teeth? with him being selective?

Thankyou all of you for your vibes... keep them coming! I think they may be working! He is slowley getting his apitite back :)

I took him to the vets at 11.25 as I was so worried about him and knowing how bad he suffers with his tummy I did not want to wait till the afternoon so I went to our vets sister practice as they could see us earlier.
She said on examination he seems fine and that if I had not told her he was not eating she would not think he was ill.
He had his temperature taken, general health check, teeth checked and tummy checked- all seem fine, she said that on one side it does look like there is a bit more of a sharpness but no spurs so nothing that is of concern, she gave him some metaclopramide and pain relief along with fibreplex and a few syringes of baby food.
He has perked up since coming home and has eaten the rest of his veggies, some pro fibre pellets and a small amount of hay... a small amount of digestive biscuit and a fenugreek crunchie.
He is now having a wash. :love:

awww glad hes feeling better, is his feeties hurting do you think? or is he all healed down there now :)

awww glad hes feeling better, is his feeties hurting do you think? or is he all healed down there now :)

I asked her to check it, she had a feel and said it feels like it has healed nicely but cause he was not allowing her to pick him up and was flipping out and going crazy she could not look at it.

:p :love: We have poops!!
First pile today! and they look lovely! :love:
He is happily munching on some oat hay now, I ahve been shopping and brought him lots of yummies, so hopefully we will not have to go to vets tomorrow! Fingers and toes crossed!

Yay! So happy to hear he is feeling better and now producing lots of lovely poops!! Hope he continues to improve and enjoys his yummy treats:)

I dont want to but I am going out this evening, I have bribbed my hubby to baby sit, I would stay home and to be honest would rather stay home but my Mum has booked something so really should go.
I am leaving him strick instructions :lol:
He has eaten some more bits but is not taking everything from me, I think I may let him out for a little leg stretch now for a couple of hours, then get hubby to put him to bed.

Touch wood, doing well. We did not take him in this morning as he is still eating and pooping and seems lively and alert, just not back to normal yet.
We are going to keep feeding him up on whatever he will eat atm.
We have got some meds at home so if need be we can TRY and give them to him before rushing to the emergency vet.

Back