• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

metaclopromide...

coco1200

Warren Veteran
Hi all, can anyone help me out here at all... what is the usual strengh of metaclop you get from the vets? Thanks :wave:

Oops sorry Jane, oral! And what would the dosage be? Just wondering as i bought some and was wondering if its safe to use as a little precautionary dose if either of the buns feel a bit off their food!

ETA - i got 1mg/5ml... so much weaker!

Last edited:
Oops sorry Jane, oral! And what would the dosage be? Just wondering as i bought some and was wondering if its safe to use as a little precautionary dose if either of the buns feel a bit off their food!

Nope, it should only ever be given after a Vet has examined the Bun. It is a POM and if bought online without a 'script I would doubt it's safety/efficacy.

Giving metoclop' to a Bun without knowing for certain that there is no GI obstruction could be fatal :cry:

Nope, it should only ever be given after a Vet has examined the Bun. It is a POM and if bought online without a 'script I would doubt it's safety/efficacy.

Giving metoclop' to a Bun without knowing for certain that there is no GI obstruction could be fatal :cry:

Does that apply to both oral and injected metaclop Jane?

Back