• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits catch cold from being out in runs in this weather?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
It's raining pretty badly at the moment. The rabbits are still out and i was just wondering if they can catch cold from being out in the rain ( as some sections are not covered), or any other problems can occur?

What is everyone else doing about the wet weather?
Thanks,
Ambience xx

I'm not entirely sure but i think it depends if they are outdoor bunnies or indoor bunnies? I think indoor bunnies wont be used to it and so might be more prone to getting illnesses.

I think as long as they have some shelter then its up to them if they want to sit out in it.

I am not sure but i think as long as they have shelter they sound be ok. Agree with Ambience thathouse bunnies may be more subseptable to catching something cos they are not used to the quick change in temperature.

It is raining here too and wen i looked out earlier, bramble was out in his run in the rain. He has a hutch on top of his run so half of his run is covered with the hutch and the other half is open. he was lying just on the dry side of the run watching the rai come down. Think he would be out there in the snow if i let him. he is a bonkers bunny.

Buddy and m foster bunny pixel are in their bed tucked up for the night but not bramble. lol

Back