• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do pet shops...

They hold what sells and given most people are not educated enough to know otherwise, the small cages are not in low demand.

They sell what people want to buy. Most people want things to be as cheap as they possibly can. They see no need to provide space, as Sky-o says they lack education. I suspect many people, even if they were educated they'd still not care about the size and therefore go for the cheapest product.

Ah fair enough. i was thinking it would be in their interest to educate people and press them to buy bigger cages but maybe it's too much effort. *heavy sigh*

Well, they won't get my custom when I buy a new chinchilla cage!

It really is frustrating how people don't listen/don't care.

I've had countless conversations at my local pet shop (where Esme came from). They now know I get bunnies from rescues/foster etc. I told them the minimum requirement from most rescues would be 6ft hutch, to which they said, "You'll be hard pushed to get a 6ft hutch!":roll: I told them I owned two such hutches and it was dead easy to get them. They don't get their own bunnies myxi vac'd "because it hurts". I've given up going there recently as I am sick of the irritation all this causes me. They now have a 3ft single hutch in the window - it just looks like a scale model after what I'm used to seeing. They are supposed to be experienced and caring bunny keepers and they sell that!! There's no hope.:cry::cry: The thing is, I used to get loads of advice of them because they 'obviously know what they are talking about', which countless people will think .... as I used to :cry::cry:

Back