• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit has a strange line in his fur

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
:wave:I dont know if hes just molting or if he has mites has anyone got some pictures of rabbits molting lines or fur mites or something? im trying to put some pics of him on with the line showing! Theyll follow soon :)

You can see Pipkin moulting in this picture:
IMG_1576.jpg

Does the fur around the edges pull out easily? It's probably just a moult line!

It's probably moult, my two nethies have got a couple of lines on them where they have been moulting. Mr Funny Bunny's is now starting to blend back in with his normal coat.

That looks like a moult line to me. I wish mine would get them they look neater than Chloe and Alberts patches

Oo it looks like that actually! I hope these pics work so i can show you =/

Here is a piccy of him though :) without moulting lines

And him doing his favourite thing lol!

Last edited:
I'm sure they are just moult lines and it is his colour that accentuates it. In a lighter bun you probably wouldn't notice anything.

Pom is an agouti and she gets them too. We call them her 'go faster stripes'. :D

DSC01929.jpg

Yea its deffo a moulting line it looks exact like all the others! Ive only ever posted pictures of his home! Does anyone know what brush i could get not that he likes being brushed lol! But hes moultng really badly

I use a small cat brush on Pom. However, as the fur seems to moult in tufts, I actually find it easier to gently pull the clumps out a couple of times a day. That seems to bother her a lot less than being brushed.

The old fluff that you see will be very loose, gently pull it out...you won't have to tug at it, then tomorrow there'll be some more...then more.then more :lol:

:lol::lol: I can imagine! Oscar is the same at the mo. My OH said all he can see when I'm out is tufts flying by the window :lol::lol:

Crikey, I thought Mr Funny Bunny was moulting a lot (he's a nethie too) but his is only about half of what is in your picture. Sometimes though, I do wonder if I end up wearing more than he does:lol:

Crikey, I thought Mr Funny Bunny was moulting a lot (he's a nethie too) but his is only about half of what is in your picture. Sometimes though, I do wonder if I end up wearing more than he does:lol:

Wearing it I don't mind....swallowing it :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back