• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best thing to cover hexagon runs with?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I have a few of these hexagon runs from zooplus. The top on them is secure, but when it rains, the rain weights down the cover and creates a pool on top. I wonder if there is anything larger i can get online to cover the 6ft x 4ft runs with. Any ideas would be appreciated?

Thanks
Ambience xx

you could prop the middle up with something... so it makes a slight "roof" shape and the rain can run off :)

Just an idea

xx

you could prop the middle up with something... so it makes a slight "roof" shape and the rain can run off :)

Just an idea

xx

Yes thanks, just wondering what. Only thing is there isn't much give on these hexagon run covers at all. They only just fit.

It sounds like I've got the same run as you but I use a different shape.

I had this issue so I bought an army net. It's Worth it, it's huge and tend to be a good value for its price, as it's durable, lightweight, non-tearable and strong and the best thing of all it's camoflage so protects from the birds. I've got a lot of buzzards around here and I'd definitley reccommend it.

I just use washing line pegs to clip it on.

Oh and I bought it from e-bay.

It sounds like I've got the same run as you but I use a different shape.

I had this issue so I bought an army net. It's Worth it, it's huge and tend to be a good value for its price, as it's durable, lightweight, non-tearable and strong and the best thing of all it's camoflage so protects from the birds. I've got a lot of buzzards around here and I'd definitley reccommend it.

I just use washing line pegs to clip it on.

Oh and I bought it from e-bay.

Thanks Lessie, do you have a link please?
Ambience x

Thanks Lessie, do you have a link please?
Ambience x
Sorry I don't have a link for it. Just type in Army nets on e-bay. It's cheaper if you buy 2nd hand. This is what I did.

I bought a 20ft x 16 ft and cost me £40 which is cheap compared to new ones as this would've cost me over £200!

Back