• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bridge Bunnies.

Maddy-Hazel

Warren Scout
Well I've had rabbits on and off my whole life, and I just figured I'd post some pictures of bunnies past. I've had three go to the bridge but only have pictures of two. This was before when I didn't know they should be in pairs, or that they should be neutered or spayed.
First bunny I ever got was named, well, Bunny. I was about ten. We got him when my sitter rescued him, but then found out she was allergic. My sitter told us he was about seven or eight and that he was already neutered. My dad, of course, not liking animals at all, thought it was a waste of money to even take a rabbit to the vet. He lived to be ten or eleven. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of him.

Picture17.jpg

Picture26.jpg

This is Sasha, I got her for my 17th birthday. I was told she was a girl, but I didn't know how to check, and she wasn't with us long. When I had had her for about three months, she passed away one night.

TigerandSydney.jpg

About a year later I got Sydney. She was a snuffle bun. I didn't know that then. She would be up all night sneezing. I eventually convinced my dad to help me pay to take her to the vet. The vet said the sneezing was probably caused by stress and gave me some medication to feed her. The sneezing never fully went away and then she got tilty on me. She was bad and was rolling. I didn't know what EC was in those times, so assumed she was having a seizure. I begged my dad to take her to the vet, and he said "She'll just have to be put down, and I'm not paying for that when she can just die on her own." I've always hopped she didn't suffer too much.
There are my storied to honour my bridge bunnies. I miss them a lot, but I'm glad I've learned how to care for rabbits properly now.

Wow! Bunny lived until 10 or 11?! What an amazing age!
The last pic looks like the bun has bowed her head and wants the cat to groom her!! :love:
It's a shame your dad feels like that towards rabbits. I'm sure he's not the only one though :(
It seems you did as best as you could for your buns in the circumstances you were in though :)

All of my bunnies have always love Tiger and vice versa. I don't know what it is. I had Bunny before I got Tiger, and when Tiger was a wee kitten, he would chase Bunny. Bunny LOVED it and would trick Tiger by stopping, turning around and running through his legs. Sometimes Bunny would sneak up on Tiger and nip his tail to get him to chase. Tiger was practically bonded to Hazel before we got Fiver.

All of my bunnies have always love Tiger and vice versa. I don't know what it is. I had Bunny before I got Tiger, and when Tiger was a wee kitten, he would chase Bunny. Bunny LOVED it and would trick Tiger by stopping, turning around and running through his legs. Sometimes Bunny would sneak up on Tiger and nip his tail to get him to chase. Tiger was practically bonded to Hazel before we got Fiver.

That's so cute!! :love:
My cat used to be feral, I think he would nom my buns if ever he got the chance :shock:

Back