• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harley has escaped...no where to be seen :(

cloughie

Banned
Got home from work about an hour ago and went to check on the buns to find that Harley has escaped he has managed to push a brick away that was blocking up a tiny hole underneath the hutch and obviously he has squidged through there.

Been looking everywhere with no luck...found some lil bits of fur in a neighbours garden near a fence with big hole in it leading to the next garden...he could be anywhere by now...all the gardens are easy to escape from.

I don't suppose bunnies come back?

It is worth leaving his hutch open if possible, that way if he comes back he may well go in.

It is also worth ringing your local vets to see if anyone has brought in a 'stray'.

Hope you find him soon,

FC x

Can't leave his hutch open as he live with my other bun...I will lock Pebs in his hutch later though and leave the run open...knowing my luck a fox will walk into it though :(

You need to make up posters, put them up and through doors, call all the vets in the area, call any animal rescues too, also look at the websites of your local radio stations. Door knock on your neighbours doors too.

I hope you manage to get him back.

Dont give up! Sookie escaped a few weeks ago & an hour later whilst I was running around the street crying......she was back in the garden. Sneaky little thing!

I hope you find your bun soon, I know how worried you must be. :(

xxxx

Oh dear, so sorry to hear this :( Many years ago I had a bun escape when a gust of wind blew the hutch over and also some fences down. My neighbours saw him but couldn't catch him, but he lurked all day and never went too far as his partner was still inside the hutch and couldn't get out. Hopefully he's gone on a little adventure but isn't too far away.

It's definitely worth knocking down the road (at least you have some evidence to suggest which way he's gone); be assertive and ask if you can come into their garden to look for him.

Good luck, hope you find him soon xx

:( Oh how horrible, this would be my worst nightmare, I would literally run up and down the road calling him and knocking all the doors to get people to check their gardens and call him, I would also contact the local vets and RSPCA / rescues - I think I might even do the local paper and leaflets, I did leaflets once for a cat which I was feeding thinking it was a stray - little tyke only lived in the next Close and was having a right feast most days:roll: Seriously the leaflets do work, we have had them (very rarely though) and I always keep them on the fridge for a couple of days at least in case I spot the missing cat. Keeping fingers crossed he is safe and hiding under a bush somewhere poor boy:(

Got home from work about an hour ago and went to check on the buns to find that Harley has escaped he has managed to push a brick away that was blocking up a tiny hole underneath the hutch and obviously he has squidged through there.

Been looking everywhere with no luck...found some lil bits of fur in a neighbours garden near a fence with big hole in it leading to the next garden...he could be anywhere by now...all the gardens are easy to escape from.

Yes they do !!!

You need to leave food out and leave his hutch open whilst you continue searching.

Oh Sian, you must be so worried. Could you not put Pebbles inside for a bit so you can leave the cage open? Sending all the finding bunny vibes I can muster. Good luck with your search hun xx

Thanks guys :)

I have posted leaflets to my local neighbours and spoken to the immediate ones, called the local vets but no joy, Pebs is locked in the hutch now and the run is open with food in there.

Dunno what more I can do really :(

They can come back hun, my little bunny Ella escaped and I thought that was it she would be gone forever she ran through a rabbit burrow leading onto fields behind my house. Although I have rabbit proofing all around my garden a wild bunny obviously dug under it I watched as she ran through it(I had no idea there was a hole at the time) anyhow a few hours later she returned to my garden but as I ran to cover the hole again she ran through it. I had no sign of her all night and was worried sick however the next morning she was back again and this time my collie helped me round her up. So that was twice she went off into the fields and returned. Don't give up hope hun xx

Back