• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why I Have My Relieved Face On - Older Bunny Spay

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Just had good news that my little aged black otter (?) nethie/dwarf, who we took in 4 weeks ago, has had her spay today succesfully with no complications.

Not that amazing you might think, except that she is anywhere between the age of 8-12 and had never seen a vet up until the time she came to be here.

We are her third home in her life - first rescued about 6 years ago from an overbreeding situation and someone being forced to move.

She's amazing, and despite being stressed all of the time, she did really well. In no small part, down to our amazing vet Ivan Crotaz, our bunny marvel. He has developed a laryingial mask for use with rabbits which makes GA safer. He used it on her today as part of the development trials and this undoubtedly helped her to do as well as she has.

Can't wait to go and collect her.

She's got a few weeks to go and then will be meeting a potential husbun, a lovely 9 year old boy called Norbert. He lost his wife a few weeks ago and is in search of a friend again.

Fingers crossed it works out for her - the first rabbit friend she will ever have had - she lived with GP's all of her life and was bullied by them.

Pippa

13June2010001.jpg

Norbert

1stHour018.jpg

Aww she is beautiful. Glad she made it though her spay without any complications:D:D Always helps when you have a great vet.

Norbert looks lovely too!

i'm glad the spay went well. she's such a lovely, pretty girl. hoping the best for her nuptuals with norbert.

Back