• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone give their buns "juice"

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
I give the groups a bowl of half water half apple juice every now & again & then LOVEEEE it :lol::lol:, they all fall over each other to see who can get to it first, now I don't give them it very often as don't want them getting to much sugar but wow they absol LOVE love LOVE it :love::love:

Nunzeo used to have a little pineapple juice sometimes. And I've given Abbey some of that vegetable juice before, its notvery often they get juice though.

Nunzeo used to have a little pineapple juice sometimes. And I've given Abbey some of that vegetable juice before, its notvery often they get juice though.

hmm I've not tried mine with pineapple juice, but i'm the same its just a little treat every so often

I use juice to try and get bunnies drinking more (so if they have a problem, or have had a GA, etc) but never that strong because the sugar can upset their tummies. Also, freshly squeezed juice is better than the stuff you buy as juice.

Same as with everything else bunny related, should be introduced gradually incase the bunny can't tolerate it.

I find this a brilliant tool in keeping things moving in vulnerable bunnies and its helped bring bunnies round when things could have deteriorated downhilll.

Also, Twinings are good for this too (as long as the incredients are rabbit safe).

I use juice to try and get bunnies drinking more (so if they have a problem, or have had a GA, etc) but never that strong because the sugar can upset their tummies. Also, freshly squeezed juice is better than the stuff you buy as juice.

Same as with everything else bunny related, should be introduced gradually incase the bunny can't tolerate it.

I find this a brilliant tool in keeping things moving in vulnerable bunnies and its helped bring bunnies round when things could have deteriorated downhilll.

Also, Twinings are good for this too (as long as the incredients are rabbit safe).

yeah mineonly ever get tiny amounts, and watered down, its so cute to hear them slurping away at it tho :love:

I meant instead of one part juice to one part water, something more like one part juice to five parts water. So a lot more diluted.

Oooh the comment about Twinings is very interesting - which ones have you used before?

Oooh the comment about Twinings is very interesting - which ones have you used before?

Erm, the chamomile, the mint and there was a berry one that had a variety of berries in, all that were safe. These are better than juice because they don't have the added sugar or anything. You can also change the strength depending how long you leave the tea bags to soak for.

I gave Mischa green tea when he had EC, I read something about someone using it every time their rabbits (they had a lot) got head tilt and I was desperate so thought what the heck. I don't give juice or tea now cos mine drink enough as it is!

No they inevitably get some juice when they have grape or a strawberry or a small piece of pear as a treat though, I have heard people do this to encourage drinking after a GA - I did try Ness I think and she wasn't interested - never tried it again as no need.:wave:

I had a pineapple a week or so ago and when I cut it up, I gave the buns the juice, I think I mixed it with 4 parts water (so 1/5 juice) and they LOVED it!!

I have also mixed some hay with pineapple juice (mixed with water) and they enjoyed that too!!

I wouldnt give it regularly or anything, but as a VERY rare treat, i think it is ok. Pineapple is meant to be good for fur balls or something isnt it??

Back