• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hector's been stolen! U/D Found in nearby churchyard!

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
**** **** **** ****!!!

Just took Oli to the park! Came home to find my back gate open. Went outside and Hector is missing!!!! He was in his hutch...firmly bolted!! Now the hutch is open, and there's no Hector. I've searched everywhere, went all around the street. ....even looked on the road.

WTF do I do?! I called the police, they logged it...but said there was little they could do! :evil::evil:!

Why is this happening to me?! Am I a bad person?

What's going to happen to him?! He's ill!!! He needs his meds! :cry:

I can't deal with this!!! I'm a terrible bunny mummy! I can't keep them alive, and I can't keep them safe. :cry::cry::cry:

What do I do?!

Last edited:
Oh my god.
Have you spoken to your neighbours....just to see if they saw anything?
Fingers crossed you can get him back.
Do you live near a main road?

Oh Ali! Right calm down, breath and stop blaming yourself!!!!

Have you searched the entire garden just in case he is hiding anywhere! Is there no possible way he could of got out hisself as opposed to someone stealign him (just checking)!

Oh thats awful you poor thing and no you're not a bad person. How mobile is he? Could someone have opened his hutch and he wondered off?

Lots of finding him safely vibes

Oh my god.
Have you spoken to your neighbours....just to see if they saw anything?
Fingers crossed you can get him back.
Do you live near a main road?

My neighbours aren't home. Yes, it's right next to the main road.

Pixie was free ranging (I only went to the park for less than an hour.) She's still there, lying under a bush. I'm guessing no one saw her.

Who would steal a rabbit. :cry:

omg im so sorry.
i was gonna say call the police but i re-read and saw you have already done it cant believe they wont do anything if it was a car they would be straight out.
i would go and ask all your neighbours if they have seen anyone. some one must have seen what happened.
sending vibes your way hoping for a safe return

As before, I'm free if you want some company.

I would get things printed off, contact the vets and the radio stations and the RSPCA and anyone else in your area.

Sticking posters up far and wide could also help (I know someone who had her bunnies stolen and managed to get them back).

Oh Ali! Right calm down, breath and stop blaming yourself!!!!

Have you searched the entire garden just in case he is hiding anywhere! Is there no possible way he could of got out hisself as opposed to someone stealign him (just checking)!

He was in the top part of a 6ft tall hutch. There's no way he could have gotten out. It was firmly bolted, and is far too tall for him to want to jump if it had been open.

There's no way he's in the garden.

I can't believe it! I took the lock off last week as it was sticking, and I was worried it would fuse shut and I wouldn't be able to open the gate. :cry: It's all my fault. :cry:

I can't believe it! I took the lock off last week as it was sticking, and I was worried it would fuse shut and I wouldn't be able to open the gate. :cry: It's all my fault. :cry:

Do NOT blame yourself. You have not done anything wrong here at all. This has happened unrelating to you. They would have found any way to get him.

Sounds stupid....but have you shut the gate?
I really don't know what to suggest....he's fairly big though, so it would be hard to take him without planning it or having a carrier or something :?
Have you bought Pixie in?
If you have then I would perhaps leave the gate open and his hutch. Are you SURE he's nowhere in the garden?

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: really hope you get him back safe. maybe his original owner wanted him back???

He'd been in the adoption center for 6 months before I got him. ....I doubt it. Someone probably saw him over the wall and thought he was beautiful.

He's on meds though. ....:(

Will call the surrounding vets.

I'd also suggest contacting the local paper too. Getting a pic of him in it and a small article maybe.

Oh no this is awful I can't believe someone would steal him? :censored::censored::censored: I am so cross! It's not fair.

((hugs))

You're not a bad bunny mummy you know you love your bunnies and give them everything you can, it's not your fault some people are nasty and :censored: and feel the need to steal bunnies!

How long were you out for? He can't be far, he may have not even been stolen but 'let out' and so he may be around somewhere near? Maybe the neighbours saw something? -just read your neighbours aren't in :(-

Is he insured? I think most insurance companies will pay out a reward if you agree an amount with them, so if you are thinking of making posters ring the company first so you can put a reward on it too.

ETA and especially put on the poster that he is sick and needs medication, hopefully whoever has him has a heart and seeing this will return him. I'm so sorry Ali :(

Sounds stupid....but have you shut the gate?
I really don't know what to suggest....he's fairly big though, so it would be hard to take him without planning it or having a carrier or something :?
Have you bought Pixie in?
If you have then I would perhaps leave the gate open and his hutch. Are you SURE he's nowhere in the garden?

I shut the gate and put the lock back on.

He's skin and bone. I wouldn't say he was that big...but I'm used to big buns. Wouldn't take much to pick him up and walk off...he's so friendly!

I've brought Pixie in. He's nowhere...my garden isn't big and there are few hidey holes.

I can't believe someone could do this to me.

Another animal rights activist? =_=

Why would they take him out of a 7ft hutch that was filled with hay, his morning greens and breakfast pellets.:? I don't think anyone could see how thin he was from the pavement, so wouldn't think I'd been starving him and set him free. :(

Back