• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home want to use pics of Dreamer...

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Im not really sure what to do, Ive had an email from Richard Kaminski
Marketing Executive for pets at home asking if they could use some pics of Dreamer for some printed literature....

Im not really a huge fan of them!

Last edited:
I'd suggest that it could be an ideal opportunity to give them the benefit or your knowledge. If they allow you to ensure that the literature is correct rabbit care and not for something that is totally wrong as far as rabbit care goes, then I'd maybe say why not? It might give you some leverage.

I don't like them at all, but if it gave me a channel to speak with them about other issues, then I'd maybe look into it a bit more.

Hmmmm. Personally I wouldn't do it as I'd be very uncomfortable with promoting the whole rabbit selling/breeding ethos of the company.

(But not surprised they want the gorgeous Dreamer as their poster boy :love: )

mention he came for a rescue..Honeybunnies!:lol:
I would say if it is just for their advertising..then no..and be careful as they may get you to sign copyrights to them then you'll have no say in how pics are used:?

If it's any of your lovely pics of Dreamer running around and binkying outside, then I'd say go for it...it sends a postive message that rabbits are active pets who need lots of exercise! :thumb:

I would say if it is just for their advertising..then no..and be careful as they may get you to sign copyrights to them then you'll have no say in how pics are used:?

I was going to say this! Maybe you could say to them that as he's a rescue, you don't want him promoting the rabbits for sale and too small hutches but you'd be happy for them to use his image for things relating to the adoption centre and care leaflets etc? (I'd be chuffed if I was asked but then I'm not sure if I'd want my buns pictures all over their little hutches either).

Yes good point! No i wouldn't let them use him for advertising.... definetely will be demanding a honeybunny mention if we can agree on my demands! ;):lol:

You could get a Solicitor to draw a contract for them to sign on what they can and can't do with his picture. :lol:

You could get a Solicitor to draw a contract for them to sign on what they can and can't do with his picture. :lol:

...:lol: i think they might run away if i start with that!! But i will draft a reply and perhaps biscuits mum will make it sound abit more official for me!

If it was me I would write back and say that unfortunately you do not agree with their attitude towards rabbit care and that you wouldn't feel comfortable with your photos being used to further their business. Might get the ball rolling for some negotiation.

Regardless of who wants to use a photo of yours, if it is any way commercial they should pay you. In this there would be an agreement as to exactly how and in what they can use said photo, unless you sell them total rights. It's a minefield I don't totally understand. I've been asked for photos before but I've always politly refused as I'm worried of getting involved in something I don't understand.

Hannah

Unless its in writing I would not trust any agreement with P@H with regards to how and where the photos would be used.

I'd be happy with it as long as they were using it in an appropriate manner ie not using him to advertise a 4ft hutch. You could ask that they make a nice contribution to Honeybunnies as that was where he came from.

There are far better companies out there to support with photos of your handsome man :love: Such as I did, with MMC. Not only would your man be famous, but supporting a worthy cause :love::love:

I'd message back politely saying you disagree with the company and what they do. Make some good points about animal welfare and leave it be. Maybe at the end put something like
"if you were to use his image to promote your adoption centre and the cause of the rescue as well as make a donation to the rescue that dreamer came from it may be a different matter but, knowing your company, the image would be used to promote the sale of rabbits and substandard hutches, which is something I disagree with"

It's far easier for them to find another cute rabbit than it is for them to make agreements with you on how his image can and can not be used so I wouldn't hold out any hope that they'll listen.

Back