• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apparently...Our survey says...

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
70% of childless women buy their pets birthday and christmas presents.

I have to say I know NO ONE who does that!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

what the survey didn't say was how may women with children STILL buy their pets christmas and birthday presents

54% of the british population find pet owners more attractive

one in five men would forget their partner's birthday but always remember their pet's.

I have always bought my dog a birthday and christmas present (and cards):oops:

My mum is having a 1st bithday party for her dog! :)

I ask that instead of me getting christmas presents, people buy for the bunnies. My mum wraps them up with no sellotape on so the bunnies can actually open them themselves.

On their birthdays (and gotcha/adotion days) I prepare them special meals so they do have a special day, just not a present.

My sister buys all her doggies pressies

but then me and my mate who both have children still buy our pets presents, at the end of the day a pet is family in my eyes and you wouldnt not buy a family member a present would you? lol

I'm childless, but have never bought birthday presents for any of my pets!

I used to get a Xmas present for the dog because otherwise he'd try to rip open everyone else's presents :lol:

We bought christmas presents for the bunnies (willow sticks and new Christmassy treat balls :love:), but we haven't had a "Gotcha" day yet. I will probably buy them a wee something though - although as they are in pairs it's really something to share - I'm thinking a new tunnel or hideaway!

Dont worry a survey told me yesterday that a couple having pets together is a sign they are ready to start having babies :roll:

I have in the past bought xmas and bday presents but its wasted on pets so i hvent bothered in years

I've got a daughter and another on the way. My pets always get birthday and Christmas presents. In fact, because bubs is due the week before Christmas, I've already planned what to buy the bunnies, dog and cat this year :oops:

Dont worry a survey told me yesterday that a couple having pets together is a sign they are ready to start having babies :roll:

*shudder* .............. just shoot me now :shock: Four-legged fur kids are the only things that'll ever cross my threshold.

ETA - I always gets my pets Christmas pressies. Why should they be left out of all the fun? They don't get birthday pressies though (although Bryn's breeder always sends him some goodies through the post).

no, i've never given a pet a birthday or christmas present, sorry. i might give them something extra nice to eat. but i don't make a big fuss about people's birthdays and christmas, either.

My pets don't get birthday/gotcha day presents but they always get christmas presents, although it's usually a bag of special hay or treats (not the sugary kind) like they would get at any other time of the year :lol:

This year however, Smudge is getting some QI dvd's since he is absolutely mesmerised by that program and sits down to watch it whenever it's on :D

Back