• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

REW Nethie Seeking Love

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Just collected a foster from our local vets after she was signed over by her owner following her sister being PTS.

She's had to have her incisors removed, but her molars don't look too shoddy thankfully. But obviously only time will tell if her roots are poor.

Meet this little cutie pie, more details to follow, but she will be looking for a new home soon with a friend or friends.....

She's just started her vaccinations and will be neutered as soon as she's got over her GA from her dental and is in good alround health.

MagiciansBunny008.jpg

MagiciansBunny013.jpg

MagiciansBunny014.jpg

She's very cute but how come your vets don't neuter at the same time as the tooth removal? :?

Only 1 Ga then better for the rabbit and less cost to you.

She's very cute but how come your vets don't neuter at the same time as the tooth removal? :?

Only 1 Ga then better for the rabbit and less cost to you.

Because the owner still owned the rabbit then (the owner never having sought any vet care until very recently) and when the sister had to be PTS, he decided he didn't want this one anymore - so after the GA event signed her over (our vet will not PTS just because the owner doesn't want to keep the rabbit but will take it in - for us to assist). So now that she is not his, we can spay, whereas the owner wasn't interested in doing so.

Oh ok that makes sense.

Didn't realize that she still belonged to an owner when that op was done.

At least the owner picked up the bigger of the two bills.:)

Hope her neuter goes well and she soon finds a home.

Oh ok that makes sense.

Didn't realize that she still belonged to an owner when that op was done.

At least the owner picked up the bigger of the two bills.:)

Hope her neuter goes well and she soon finds a home.

I'm rubbish at explaining myself Tracy, don't worry.

Writing stuff was never my strong point - pictures are more me :D

is it just me, i know nethies noses are small and short, but hers seem really squished back, or is this due to the op???

shes still and inquistituve looking cutie though :love:

is it just me, i know nethies noses are small and short, but hers seem really squished back, or is this due to the op???

shes still and inquistituve looking cutie though :love:

one of my nethies faces is really smooshed, and my others aren't so smooshed, I think it just depends on their breeding :roll:, the one with the really smooshed face was bred for showing, then was rendered "useless" due to having to many white hairs :roll:

one of my nethies faces is really smooshed, and my others aren't so smooshed, I think it just depends on their breeding :roll:, the one with the really smooshed face was bred for showing, then was rendered "useless" due to having to many white hairs :roll:

We've got an assortment of nethies here at present and two of the others have 'smooshed' faces - from a breeder. The other is possibly from a non show/breed type breeder. I suspect that this little girl was from a breed specific breeder as she was owned for a specific purpose :evil: and was choosen with her sister as they were albino, small and white. Her fur is fairly thin from her nose making her look even more flat.

She's settled in very nicely already and has been here about an hour. Very inqusitive and eating well despite no choppers.

We've got an assortment of nethies here at present and two of the others have 'smooshed' faces - from a breeder. The other is possibly from a non show/breed type breeder. I suspect that this little girl was from a breed specific breeder as she was owned for a specific purpose :evil: and was choosen with her sister as they were albino, small and white. Her fur is fairly thin from her nose making her look even more flat.

She's settled in very nicely already and has been here about an hour. Very inqusitive and eating well despite no choppers.

awwk poor little girly, I don't understand why they would want such smooshed faces, it must cause so many problems for their teeths & even maybe the breathing through their nose :( !!

this is my girl with the smooshed face
PICT0021.jpg

she is also soooo tiny & fragile, I have a nethie 4-5 months younger than her who was the runt of a litter and weighs more :(

awwk poor little girly, I don't understand why they would want such smooshed faces, it must cause so many problems for their teeths & even maybe the breathing through their nose :( !!

this is my girl with the smooshed face
PICT0021.jpg

she is also soooo tiny & fragile, I have a nethie 4-5 months younger than her who was the runt of a litter and weighs more :(

***SSSSqqqqqqquuuuueeeeeee*********

She is so gorgeous!

:lol: im sorry her lil face expression looks of pure shock at being snapped

she is very cute, :love:

it does upset me with breeders interfereing with breeds its bad enough with dogs,

nethie are more prone to dental probs arnt they,because of this??

:lol: im sorry her lil face expression looks of pure shock at being snapped

she is very cute, :love:

it does upset me with breeders interfereing with breeds its bad enough with dogs,

nethie are more prone to dental probs arnt they,because of this??

hehe, I think so too :oops:, I have been told is does yeh :(, and a few days ago I was getting really worried bout my wee girly as she was getting gungy eyes, but turns out it was bits of hay annoying them, teeths are fine :D, for now anyway

beautiful girly:love: i love the pic where she's standing up on her back legs - reminds me of my esme, the elastic belly bunny:lol: that girl can stretch herself through any tiny gap!

i'm sorry her sister's gone but i hope this cutey finds a home soon:)

Back