• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter tray Q

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My wildies have taken to chewing holes in their litter tray. They've destroyed a couple of washing up bowls (used as litter trays) and a small Bob Martin one as well...the latter was destryed in the record time of 1 day! :shock:

I think I'm probably going to have to keep buying cheap washing up bowls from Wilkos, but thought I'd put feelers out to see if anyone knows of any rabbit proof litter trays?

Do you think they would chew a sturdy cat's litter tray? I'm considering buying one for my doe because hers seems just too small and she wees outside all the time.

Eeeeek! :shock: Are they eating any of it do you think, or just spitting it all straight out?

Do they have much interest in cardboard? I sometimes use the big boxes from the supermarket (the ones that fruit/veg come in) as a litter tray. If you line it well with newspaper and change every day, a box lasts a week or two as the wee doesn't soak through to the box itself. They're usually quite thick cardboard too, so it might resist a bit of chewing. Of course, if they're addicted to cardboard as well, ignore the above suggestion. :lol::lol::lol:

How about trying the small size cat beds? They are very sturdy plastic, and can often be picked up cheap at car boot sales etc.

Back