• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP - Urgent UD We have nomnoms & special poos :D

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
Came down this morning to find they had somehow managed to get the box of washing liquitabs down.
There was one split on the floor and Marnies feet were covered in it....and so was her face where she had tried to wash her feet.
We have put her in the bath and washed her a couple of times with water, but I'm more worried about what she might have ingested. I've rung the emergancy vet twice now, and am still waiting for a call back.
J is on the phone to the Surf emergancy help line-I threw the box away about a week ago :roll: so he's trying to get the poison control info.
She's eaten a couple of pelets but she won;t eat any more.....I'm guessing cause they taste horrible.
She's still running around, but she does sit hunched up when she's still....but I don;t know if it's because she's VERY cross at being got wet :?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....if anyone has any advise let me know, I really don;t know what to do. :cry:

Last edited:
ek not sure other than making sure you clean her the best you can to get off residue, then getting to eat which wont be easy at first as she will have the hump with you

vibes all will be ok

I think you've done the best thing and kept calm even though it must be so stressful! i hope the vet gets back to you asap.

I use persil liquitabs but i'm sure it's pretty much the same stuff in them so i'll put it on just in case it helps.......

IRRITANT to eyes
if swallowed seek immediate medical advice and show label
contains-
anionic surfactants 15-30%
soap
non-ionic surfactants less than 5%
phosphantes
perfume
optical brighteners

Sending lots of vibes xxx

I would get cucumber into her, it's largely water so can't hurt, if anything will at least dilute any ingested chemical - oh god how awful, hopefully she hasn't had much of it and will be fine, it wouldn't have tasted nice at all so I think it might just be a bit of what she licked, I would go with cucumber, celery chopped into really small bits, even a grape if you have some and lots of hay today, keeping fingers crossed for you Edited to say any veg washed with the water left on if you don't have those particular things will help though.

Last edited:
Had a call back from the vet.....she's going to ring the poison control beurau and get back to me, but until then I just have to keep an eye one her.
She now won;t eat anything at all, not even banana or grape :cry:

Oh no so sorry to read this, i don't have any advice i'm afraid but just wanting to send loads of vibes your way xxx

Had a call back from the vet.....she's going to ring the poison control beurau and get back to me, but until then I just have to keep an eye one her.
She now won;t eat anything at all, not even banana or grape :cry:

((((hugs)))) little tyke, she might be sensing your feelings aswell though and the bath etc is all a bit unusual, hopefully she will chill out, I would lay out a few of her fave things and leave her calm and quiet and just keep an eye on her now and again to see if she has eaten anything. Sending vibes too x

Gosh i've no advice either, sounds like you're doing all the right things, sending lots of vibes xxx

Have now spoken to the vets and she has said to just really keep an eye on her. I've been given some critical care for her...which she took a couple of mouthfulls off the spoon...but then ran away. So we tried syringing it into her....but I think I'm wearing more of it than she ate :oops:
The vet was really good though, she said if at any point I'm worried then I'm just to bring her in.
Thank you all so much for your vibes....I've swapped my shift for Saturday so I can stay with her.
I just don;t know how she got to them.....after them stealing all the pellets the other day I moved EVERYTHING that she could have used as a stepping stone.
I think eveything will now be going in cupboards rather then on the sides

Sending lots of vibes hun, I would try and get her as much water as possible, could even try syringe feeding it, or making the critical care watery. Sounds like you're doing everything you can xx

Back