• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noel just caught his claw again!!!

lja401

Warren Scout
What a fright we just had. Noel is currently being seen by a vet because he may have EC and we are waiting on blood test results. Anyway, just now we walked into his room and he moved to greet us and directly under him was a small puddle of blood :( You can imagine what we thought. I was very upset but luckily it turned out that he caught his claw again. Anyway, should we bathe it? The last time he did it the vet didn't bathe it. He has anti biotics in him at the mo so should that stop him getting infected? Thank you.

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for your reply. Yup Noel started eating straight after he did it and he is eating this morning. He seems to be moving about ok on it too. Poor Noel - he is always in the wars :( Was such a fright with all the blood because I really thought he'd wee'd it out seen as he's been having problems with letting little bits of wee out :( Just hoping his blood results come back ok on Monday! Fingers crossed!

x x

Yeah, i would bathe his toe area with diluted hibiscrub or iodine if you have it. If not then some cooled boiled water with a bit of salt in it.

Just keep an eye on it, the abx should stop any infection.

My Inca does this to her claws alot....she has weak back legs, so they drag at times :( She also has recently had EC!

Back