• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Herbie post 21 - Back from the Vet School

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
Since getting his foot bandaged up for his broken bone, Herbie has not been himself. He has been confined to the cage too.

Well he wouldn't eat his brekkie this morning, so i called the vets and they said that if it is making him not eat then i should take it off. He said that some vets would recommend no bandages anyways......We agreed that i would try dinner and take it from there.

So i put in the pellets and he turned his back to me, theni tried again and he pushed me away.

So i have taken the bandage off, but i will keep him in the cage. He just ate his dinner, are loads of hay and flopped in the cage.

I know in an ideal world he would have kept the bandage on, but it really was making him so miserable.

Glad ive got a munching bunster back!

We have an appointment at the Royal D_ck Vet school on Monday :)

Last edited:
I kinda get the impression either myself or Herbie don't have a great deal of friends or well wishers!

I will admit that it has slightly bothered me as i feel that i do offer good luck vibes etc to others. I suppose i should just get a grip, it's no big deal really, as long as we have each other.

Last edited:
I kinda get the impression either myself or Herbie don't have a great deal of friends or well wishers!
I will admit that it has slightly bothered me as i feel that i do offer good luck vibes etc to others. I suppose i should just get a grip, it's no big deal really, as long as we have each other.

You can count me as a friend and a well wisher :D..great to hear Herbie is eating again hun :D x

Last edited:
I saw the pics with the bandage - was a biggun! - is he feeling a lot better without it?

Thanks....i know i have a few people that respond, i suppose that should be all that matter.....a few people that actually care :)

Thanks guys, it does mean alot. It is nice to have support when you are going though a bit of a bunny drama! xx

He is getting about alot better in his cage, and he is managing to flop out now, when the bandage was stopping him from doing that before.

Awww, don't be sad. :( It's probably just that not many people were about last night. I was on here earlier in the evening but didn't check posts again before I went to bed so am just catching up now.

I'm glad to hear Herbie is feeling better without his mahoosive bandage on. Wishing you lots of luck for Monday. Do let us know how you get on and what they say; I know it probably feels like nobody cares, but I would like to know. :love: :)

im glad hes feelin better. i hope he will behave himself ;)
Inara had to wear a collar...or should i say was supposed to wear a collar after her spay as she kept trying to unpick her stitches. i had to remove it after only a few hours as she sulked. refused to eat, refused to move. and just sat.:roll:

I hope Herbie's been comfortable over the weekend and best of luck for tomorrow. :love:

Awww, thanks guys, this made me all happy....i feel all 'cared about' now :)

Herbie has actually been fine tha past few days, he has been walking about without holding his back foot up.
I am actually wondering if he really will need an op. Will speak to the consultat at the vet school and see what they think....might end up being £125 for them to tell me just to leave it to heal it's self, but at least it will be an expert telling me that and not me just deciding.

I actually hope he does tell me to leave it to mend, as would save Herbie going through an op!

Will update you tomorrow afternoon when i get back x

Good luck. I hope Herbie won't need an operation and starts to feel better soon.

Quick healing vibes coming his way! :love:

Awww, thanks guys, this made me all happy....i feel all 'cared about' now :)

Herbie has actually been fine tha past few days, he has been walking about without holding his back foot up.
I am actually wondering if he really will need an op. Will speak to the consultat at the vet school and see what they think....might end up being £125 for them to tell me just to leave it to heal it's self, but at least it will be an expert telling me that and not me just deciding.

I actually hope he does tell me to leave it to mend, as would save Herbie going through an op!

Will update you tomorrow afternoon when i get back x

fingers crossed and hoping that the banadage has sorted it and its on its way healing. give him a noserub from me x

Back