• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 day old kitten U/D more pics and change of plan

bubz_79

Warren Scout
38094_411319005823_625825823_518574.jpg

34641_411319705823_625825823_518575.jpg

These georgeous kittens :love::love::love: were rejected by Mum, vet nurse think mum was disturbed. Well I am giving 2 of them a new home in about 6 - 7 weeks time. I am so excited and really hope they continue to thrive. Any thriving vibes for them would be great. I will be visiting them at least once a week, of course with my camera, going to be great seeing them grow and be involved so early.

I have had adult cats before but never kitten so any advice gratefully recieved. Going to start kitten shopping soon :)

Last edited:
Aaaw :love::love: I loooove kittens!

I hope you continue to post pictures, will be lovely to see them grow up!

Oh no :( Why do people let them breed?! Kitten advice, What would you like to know? They've very very easy pets, basically be led by them & they will teach you all you need to know X

Off to see them again this morning as Razzle needs his manicure. Going to take my proper camera as these were onmy phone.

I am fully educated on the needs of 'cats' as i had 2 cats before my Poppy is still living with my ex husband as she didn't travel very well and I moved 100 miles. I have never had kitten though so anything you think might be good for me to know or prepare for would be great. I will be getting them when they are about 7 weeks old, so just weaned but probably not litter trained. They will be allowed out when they are old enough and i feel ready to let them out which I won't be till they are neutered so looking at early next year, is that right?

Just got back from vets again and there has been a possible change of plan on the cats. The have handed over to them 2 days a go a Mum (just a year) and 4, 6 week old kitten as their owners just had a baby and 'can't keep them anymore' !!! grrrrr

The are geaorgeous black and white one (most loooked over by people) and Mum is extremely thin and a little nervy. They have asked if there is anychance i might take on Mum and one kitten instead as otherwise they will end up at the rescue centre and as mum is already so nervy would not be good for her. They also want her to be spoilt too and they know i would and fatten her up a bit too. So here is a pic of Mum (Summer) and they baby girl i am hoping to have too. Just need to talk to my boys, but i think it will be ok as it means they can come home as soon as mum is spade. So boys won't have to wait 6 weeks. Sorry pic of Mum is not great.

34625_411516665823_625825823_519076.jpg

37473_411516970823_625825823_519077.jpg

:love::love: you'd be doing a great thing by taking on the mum and a baby :love:

my OHs mum fosters for the RSPCA and she always worries for the mother cats and has constant updates about if they've been rehomed or not, as like you pointed out they're often overlooked.

She's a very beautiful cat :love:

Aaw, that's a lovely thing to do.
Mummy cat looks like a beauty, such big eyes!
I love black and white cats. My first cat was b&w :)

Aah, I think that sounds like a brilliant idea. Kitten will most likely be litter trained at seven weeks. Good luck :love: The kitten looks just like our Ava & Mum like Charlie :love:

Took my boys to see them tonight and thankfully they loved them too and it helped that we can have them sooner than the others. In fact we are collecting them next Weds :) :) :) Kittens already using litter tray which is great too. They are on Hills food at the mo but on looking at it I think i will change as it has a fairly low meat content and Mum need fattening up she is so so skinny. Her name from previous owner was Summer but we are changing it as when i sat and called her she didn't react at all yet when i kissed at her she came to me. So Mum will is now Milly and baby girl is Tilly :)

Mum will be spayed either 2moro or Monday hence we can then collect them on Wednesday. I am so excited and looking forward to having them home. We spent about half an hour with them tonight and by the end Mum seem comfortable with me and came over to me a few times.

:love::love::love::love:

Expect lots more pics

Took my boys to see them tonight and thankfully they loved them too and it helped that we can have them sooner than the others. In fact we are collecting them next Weds :) :) :) Kittens already using litter tray which is great too. They are on Hills food at the mo but on looking at it I think i will change as it has a fairly low meat content and Mum need fattening up she is so so skinny. Her name from previous owner was Summer but we are changing it as when i sat and called her she didn't react at all yet when i kissed at her she came to me. So Mum will is now Milly and baby girl is Tilly :)

Mum will be spayed either 2moro or Monday hence we can then collect them on Wednesday. I am so excited and looking forward to having them home. We spent about half an hour with them tonight and by the end Mum seem comfortable with me and came over to me a few times.

:love::love::love::love:

Expect lots more pics

Fantastic news, I can't wait to see some pics:love::love::love:

Back