• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Self indulgent......?!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Was told by a breeder today that I was just being self indulgent by giving my rabbits space to live in and providing the guineapigs with hay to hide in (waste of money apparently!) and a variety of veg in the morning for breakfast.

Oh I want to punch somebody!! But I'm on my own with my animals at the min and I wouldn't punch them - or is that being self indulgent!?

:evil:

Was told by a breeder today that I was just being self indulgent by giving my rabbits space to live in and providing the guineapigs with hay to hide in (waste of money apparently!) and a variety of veg in the morning for breakfast.

Oh I want to punch somebody!! But I'm on my own with my animals at the min and I wouldn't punch them - or is that being self indulgent!?

:evil:

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

How is that SELF indulgent? Surely if it was self indulgent you'd be saving money wherever possible, providing substandard care and spending the money on yourself. Sounds like he's the self indulgent one to me!

that's so sad :(

can't believe anyone doesn't want the best for their furries :(

Self indulgent!!!!! Self indulgent!!!!!! I said that maybe, in one sense, it is self indulgent because I get happyness out of seeing animals that are well cared for and happy. Well if that's self indulgent then I'll be indulging myself for as long as my animals live!!

Bensonlola, all I can say to you is:
'Don't cast your pearls before swine!' In other words, don't waste your time trying to educate people who can't be bothered to listen.:wave:

'Don't cast your pearls before swine!' In other words, don't waste your time trying to educate people who can't be bothered to listen.:wave:

or....don't put anything valuable before your piggies or they'll eat it :lol:

Very scriptural. I like it!! Am gonna break contact - it just depresses me. I can't help his, but I can spoil the ones I have!:cry:

Very scriptural. I like it!! Am gonna break contact - it just depresses me. I can't help his, but I can spoil the ones I have!:cry:

I get upset when I think of the bunnies and piggies I could't steal from where I used to work, but I saved my four boys from there. If I had the money and space I'd have nicked them all!

But I remember my school promise, which helps...

I am only one, but I am one.
I cannot do much, but I can do something.
What I can do, that I ought to do.
What I ought to do, that, by God's help I will do.

I'm sure this is the best thing to do. :)
I can understand that the way breeders treat their animals is cruel, but sadly, there is not much we can do about it.:(

I get upset when I think of the bunnies and piggies I could't steal from where I used to work, but I saved my four boys from there. If I had the money and space I'd have nicked them all!

What I ought to do, that, by God's help I will do

Thanks for this! :wave:

What I ought to do, that, by God's help I will do.

I like that! Thanks!

:shock::shock::shock: he obviously noticed that you provided better care & had to make a snipey comment about it.....odd that he thought it was you being self indugeing....Id say the buns & piggies were self indulgeing in all that Hay! :D
We all know (including breeders) that no caged animal is living as it would in the wild...that they all need space & things to do.....just some people deny it to make themselves feel better!:evil:

I said - well I know my animals like it. He says - how do you know? Did they tell you? I said - no they can't speak but the. Bunnies use all the space in their shed and run at diff times of day and the piggies use their hay to hide in for sleeping! If all you give a bunny or a piggie is a tiny box to live in then of course they're gonna just sit there - there's nothing else they CAN do!!! Oooooh gonna stop thinkin bout it, just upsetting myself!! The rabbits are keepin the shed,run and all their tunnels and toys and the piggies are welcome to a bundle of hay and nice fresh veg!!! Its the least I can do - I chose them, they didn't choose me!!!! GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.

I think the breeder is being self indulgent not you. He is indulging his bank balance and like (no way does he love) small furries with as little in convenience to him and the sapce he lives in.

That's self indulgent in my eyes.

or....don't put anything valuable before your piggies or they'll eat it :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: At least it would come back out the back end quite quickly though :mrgreen:

How awful :( breeders in particular seem to just want to refuse to listen to any comments or tips they are given. I honestly think they just make things up to justify what they do!

Back