• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

advice please!

mudchild

Warren Scout
Hi there, worried about my house bun - she was fine earlier but now keeps lying down and her heart seem to be going reeally fast and keeps lying down not eating. she isnt eating either. she has been for a wee. has anyone any ideas or is this the case for the vet?
She did a wee on the sofa which is really out of charactoer so i picked her up quikly after that and out her in her litter tray and ever since then she has been like this.

Please help!!

I think that's an indication something is seriously wrong. If a bunny is not eating they need immediate veterinary treatment. I suggest you call the emergency vet. Good luck!

Hi there. Thanks for your replies. yes just got back now. he checked her all over and said there are no signs of anything so to keep an eye on her and see how she is. she is still heavy breathing and lying down so still worried.. I wonder if it was me picking her up as she is absolutely hates it and maybe that stressed her out. fingers crossed she will be okay. if anyone has any idea let me know!! was charged £80 is that usual emergency price? thanks x

Hi there. Thanks for your replies. yes just got back now. he checked her all over and said there are no signs of anything so to keep an eye on her and see how she is. she is still heavy breathing and lying down so still worried.. I wonder if it was me picking her up as she is absolutely hates it and maybe that stressed her out. fingers crossed she will be okay. if anyone has any idea let me know!! was charged £80 is that usual emergency price? thanks x

How long exactly since you last saw your rabbit eat and how long since she pooped?

hi, she went for a wee at about 9.30 and i have seen some droppings which i think are hers but cant be 100% sure as i have another house bun but they are in her spot.
im just confused as vet said she was fine but she is so not herself. My other bun had stasis once and she doesnt look like he did with it.:?

Yes that is about the price for emergency vet, friends have been charged up to £150. Really hope your bunny is doing better now.

Glad you visited the vet. Wondered if it's linked to stress or could it be heat, is your house warm? is the floor where she's lying cold ie laminate/lino?
Sorry but no other suggestions.
Just keep monitoring input and output.

ETA also if bun has just got back from vets...may need time to settle back down...if they're stressy bunnies like mine :D

You already went to the vet?.I suggest to consult veterinary doctor for assurance.Your bun need more attention,that is a serious problem.

hey! sorry for late update.
She seems to have made great recovery and is absolutely fine now.
I have no idea what happended but think she may have had a fright or something as she can be a bit temperamental at times! ;)
better safe than sorry taking her to the vets..she was very put out! xx

My bun Gypsy can occasionally have 'off days' where she doesnt seem herself and cant be bothered with anything, she is usually back to normal the next day though. I guess buns are just like humans, I sometimes have days where I just wanna lie in bed all day and cant be bothered to do anything!

Back