• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cages

scarlett

Alpha Buck
Hi, my 7 month old minilop has a cage in the conservatory and during the day i open the door so she can wander into the kitchen and hallway, so she has practically a free rein in the house, downstairs only, she is well litter trained so we don't have any accidents! Recently she has been sleeping on the sofa in the conservatory, and i'm wondering does she need her cage anymore? Can anyone think of any reasons why she might need it? She has a litter tray outside of her cage, and a tray with hay in that she likes to sleep in.

Personally, I'd leave the cage. Even though she appears very relaxed sleeping on the sofa, she really needs a safe 'bolt hole' to run to should she be frightened by anything. A nice safe haven like her cage will give her security, even if she ignores it 99% of the time! Plus I guess you need somewhere to shut her in if you're out of the house unless you've got a 100% bunny-proofed room that she can stay in.

She probably does not NEED the cage any more but buns do like to have a place where they can retreat to if they feel uneasy or anything.

Thanks for your replies, she is safe to leave in coservatory during the day, and usually if anything freaks her out she runs under the chairs!:lol:

Back