• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maze Haven - Opinions Please

It looks great! But my buns I know would chew it up :roll: :lol:

I personally would just make something similar with cardboard boxes, that I could replace it when needed and its cheaper ;) But is your rabbits don't chew and like that sort of thing it could be brilliant!

Thanks, yes well my two aren't that mad about chewing but do sometimes.
It does say 'Strong and durable - made with high quality cardboard which stays sturdy even with the most active heavyweights! Withstands normal "remodeling" by fuzzy headed redecorators.'
Would that mean its hard cardboard and not easily chewed?:? Or just that you can put the fattest bunny on top and it wouldn't bend:lol:

Oh yes making your own is a good idea and much cheaper, I'll see if I can find some good boxes:D

I think it looks good but no way would I spend that amount of money on a bit of cardboard.

I think it looks like fun but for cardboard it's expensive. I like the idea though - might get some cardboard boxes and make something for the bunny yard for them to play in when free ranging!! It looks good. Mine would use it I think. :wave:

I have seen one of these in the flesh and I have to say that while it is expensive, it is amazingly robust. The cardboard is absolutely nothing like you would think, more like mdf than a cardboard box; hugely solid! If it's used in a dry environment I should think it would make a brilliant 'toy' hideyhole for some bunnies :)

I got the Maze Haven as a christmas present for Hopper and he loved it. He would disappear for hours and every once in a while his head would pop out a hole and it was the cutes thing ever. Now the Maze has been passed onto Marshmallow and he loves it too.

Beware though it is big

My bunnies love theirs, it is very strong, one of mine is a chewer and its still standing after over a year! You can make two smaller ones if you don't want one huge maze as well or just make one smaller one and save the other for when the first one is wrecked!

We made one using 6 wine boxes from Tesco! Glued two together end to end, then cut corresponding holes before gluing all boxes together. Loxxy goes crazy running from one end to the other, sits on top, often sleeps in middle section. She isn't left with it so hasn't decided to chew it!! Only have a pic of her popping her head out a top hole!

Last edited:
Back