• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hutches and runs

ickle

New Kit
I thought I had it planned ok but now i realise my hutch is far too small.
i live in bolton does anyone know of a good place to buy resonably priced hutches and runs as I am a pensioner and on limited income:wave:

Sorry don't know where other than looking on the internet or asking a local joiner. Well done for coming on here amd trying to do the best for your rabbits!!:D:D:D:D:D

Could you ask on Freecycle for a shed? Are you any good at a little DIY? If so there are always fixer up-er sheds on freecycle or freeads :wave:

I'd suggest keeping an eye on local classifieds websites too, there often seem to be hutches (or even sheds! ;)) going cheap. :) If you do get a second hand one, be sure to disinfect it thoroughly as you can never be sure quite what happened to the previous occupant.

If you want to save up for a new hutch, could you extend your current hutch temporarily? It's quite easy to make a little run with some wood and wire or metal pens start at about £30 and can be attached to the hutch during the day so the buns have a bit more space. :) You could also bring them indoors for a little while to give their legs a good stretch so long as you don't mind them doing the odd poo on the carpet! :lol:

I hope you'll find something you're happier with soon :wave: In the meantime, do you have a few spare minutes to tell us all about your rabbit/s?! ;):D

Back