• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which bun ?

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
not a big one but here goes
My dad found a domestic rabbit at his work ( he is a greenkeeper ) we didnt know what breed it was but we had a hunch that it was a rex when i heard about it being running about the golfcourse i went straight up to the golfcourse to see her .i took what i thought was a him at the time to the vet because i was so worried about myxi and was told he was he was healthy we were lucky to be seen so i didnt waste any time just went in to get him checked to messing so i took him home and the next day my dad asked about we were desperate so we put im into foster with a man who's nine year old rabbit had just died:(
and boy am i glad i didnt introduce HER to sox because he isnt neutered yet and i have just had a phonecall from the man who fostered her and he woke up this morning and nis daughter came running in and said daddy daddy there are four other rabbits in the cage. The rabbit that we rescued has had kits :love::love::love: and they are all live and healthy so now as this was surprise litter they didnt have a waiting list so they are in no way irresponsibe breaders they are taking her to be spayed as soon as all the kits are gone and i have been asked to have one of the kits, i was going to be getting sox a friendd soon anyway but i thought it would be kinder to get a rescue bun but this kind man who fostered this bun has no idea how to rehome them and i think i would like to help as he is not an irresponsibe breeder.
really really sorry for the long post will get pics when the kits are a bit bigger!
Please tell me what i should do !

Thank you !!!

Last edited:
sorry the question was should i get a rescue bun or should i get one of the baby buns that came from a surprise litter that was talked about in the original post ?`
my dad has just phoned me to tell me that the man phoned him as the owner said that the cook at my dads work wants ALL OF THEM to be toys for there cats and one they are killed by the cats she wants to eat them :(:(:( and that the man phoned and asked if it would be ok to say that my dad was having them and she couldnt get them as he loves them and doesnt want the injured or dead :(:(:( i said maybey to 1 but i cant have more than one so my dad is just an excuse to save the poor buns lives:cry::cry::cry:but i feel really really bad because technically i would be rescuing but there are lots of buns at rescues that are beiing overlooked and no matter what i do i will probably think i've made the wrong decission :(:(:(i can only have 2 buns

so sorry about the lengthyness
thank you x

Take one!

It's not an irresponsible breeder, it was an accident. And you'll kick yourself if you don't save one.

Is there a rescue that you can take them to? Anything must be better than the fate that you've said might be waiting for them :(

If you can't find a rescue in Glasgow that will take them I know a great rescue in Edinburgh that will, not too far to take them

i will NEVER let they buns go to that woman i dont think i will take them to a rescue either i think that if these buns only other home is with HER i WILL take all 4 of them and rehome them myself i will personally go out and buy a hutch or 2 to save those poor buns :cry::cry::cry:anyone that could do that to buns :(:(

she actually said these exact words " they dont need a hutch they can live in the same room as the cats and they can just share the cats food and water" and when told otherwise she just said she knew what she was doing :cry::cry::cry:

i will NEVER let they buns go to that woman i dont think i will take them to a rescue either i think that if these buns only other home is with HER i WILL take all 4 of them and rehome them myself i will personally go out and buy a hutch or 2 to save those poor buns :cry::cry::cry:anyone that could do that to buns :(:(

she actually said these exact words " they dont need a hutch they can live in the same room as the cats and they can just share the cats food and water" and when told otherwise she just said she knew what she was doing :cry::cry::cry:

What an awful thing to say....

I hope that these buns manage to find a good home then, do you think you'd be abe to rehome all of them?

i dont know if i can rehome them permanantly all of them but frankly i dont give a **** as long as these buns dont end up in that mess :(:(:( they just dont deserve it :cry::cry::cry:
and i will keep them all if thats the only way :(

I don't understand how the guy who kindly took in the doe could even consider giving the babies to that cook. Babies will need to stay with their mum for a bit if they have only just been born. Thank goodness you are looking out for them

That woman knows what she's doing? I think she only knows how to be an @?££. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: Don't even let her close! And yes take the baby rabbit from that litter, they're no less in need than those at a rescue so don't feel guilty, you're doing a good thing. And if the cook should protest, give her some expletives and tell her they're from me. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I don't understand how the guy who kindly took in the doe could even consider giving the babies to that cook. Babies will need to stay with their mum for a bit if they have only just been born. Thank goodness you are looking out for them
the person with the kits is keeping the babies for 8 weeks and then he has no room whatsoever as this was a surprise healso does not have the money so i will happily keep the 4 for as long as it takes
it is so sad that someone could put a bun through that kind of torture :cry::cry::cry:

Back